Is there a way to listen to radio stations from computer?

[S]oft

n00b
didnt know which section to post this in, but im wondering how i can listen to my beloved KROQ down here in San Diego

There is not a website witth a audio feed for KROQ.

You could always set one up for your private use, but im not sure how.

There is always the option of purchasing a TV tuner card, they USUALLY have FM tuners in them. My Leadtek TV2000XP Deluxe from NewEgg has one built in that works pretty well. I just bought a little converter so i could use my TV cable line as my FM source. BTW, the card i bought for $42, but i believe u can get it right now for $50 off NewEgg, or ifyou wait, it'll likely go back down to around $45 and you can save a couple bucks.

Just to give you my opinion on the Leadtek TV2000XP Deluxe. Two of my friends bought the tuner card and neither one functioned correctly, could just be bad luck though, but personally I'd choose another tuner for AM/FM use.

the TV2000XP only has fm, NOT am. i have it but the one station i like doesn't have the best reception in my room but it's fine in the car. not sure if there's just some cable somewhere causing problems or what

According to their home page, no.

"Can I hear KROQ on the Internet?
No, KROQ appears to be ignoring the Internet at the moment. Though you can hear Loveline on Realaudio, via it's syndication. Look at the Loveline page mentioned above for info on that"

Originally posted by oft
didnt know which section to post this in, but im wondering how i can listen to my beloved KROQ down here in San Diego

KROQ is in LA, correct?
They probably have a pretty high-powered broadcast signal.

It's quite possible with a sensitive tuner and a half wavelength
antenna you could pick up the signal in San Diego.

I'd probably go with a dedicated FM tuner card over a hybrid TV/FM card unless you use cable.

Originally posted by leukotriene
KROQ is in LA, correct?
They probably have a pretty high-powered broadcast signal.

I'd probably go with a dedicated FM tuner card over a hybrid TV/FM card unless you use cable.

I use my Leadktek TV Tuner to pick up FM, and it's pretty bad ass quality. Then again, I'm smack dab in the middle of San Diego, so I can pick up all the local radio stations (and some OC ones) quite well.

Originally posted by daphatgrant
Just to give you my opinion on the Leadtek TV2000XP Deluxe. Two of my friends bought the tuner card and neither one functioned correctly, could just be bad luck though, but personally I'd choose another tuner for AM/FM use.

my friend and I have had troubles also

Mine worked for a while, then quit working.

His didn't work, but it seems to have been because of his cold-cathodes

Originally posted by zachary80
my friend and I have had troubles also

Mine worked for a while, then quit working.

His didn't work, but it seems to have been because of his cold-cathodes

Weird, mine works perfectly fine and I've had it since April 2003. That and I have two cathodes in my system, one being right next to the card.

theres a lot of mixed reviews on the the TV2000XP, is there another tuner card that u guys recommend before i go out and try using one for pickin up radio stations?

KROQ is a shell of its former self. Its turned into the good charolette limp bizket hour in the last few years. In the mid-late 80's through the mid 90's it was good. But when they were bought by Infinity Broadcasting it turned to shit.

Originally posted by zachary80
it would be cheaper to just buy a radio

can you get a signal from a radio station 150 miles away with a normal radio? hell i live 20 miles from it and i can rarely get the signal, as a matter of fact the only time i ever try to is during noontime when the station doesnt suck balls.

Originally posted by leukotriene

If you got broadband you just use windows media player or winamp 5.00. Then you get 1000:s of radio channels. Good quality too.

I use my leadtek tv2000xp deluxe too. Works excellent. Strange that it only got FM though. Doesn´t leadtek sell these in the US???

both my brother and i have Leadtek Winfast TV2000XP "Deluxe" cards. both of them work quite well. quite good for $42 if you ask me... one thing though. DO NOT USE THE DRIVERS OFF OF THE CD THAT COMES WITH IT. download drivers from their website and manual install the driver files (when it detects each device on the card, specify where you expanded the driver package to so that it locates the proper driver). instructions are on leadtek's website.

Originally posted by oqvist
I use my leadtek tv2000xp deluxe too. Works excellent. Strange that it only got FM though. Doesn´t leadtek sell these in the US???

yes

unless u use cable?

do u mean TV or internet? im in college and we have some sort of stripped down DirecTV for cable and blazing fast internet

i looked around and found a ton of FM cards and FM/TV cards, which brand or model do u recommend from experience

Back