Is 3gplaza for real? 8600gt for $5?

I think there was a thread earlier of some type of deal like this... and someone did some background info on them and traced their address to some residential address outside of NJ... I could be remembering incorrectly, but when a deal is SO utterly unbelievable... it usually is.

I'd be really careful.

Yeah, figured so. Would rather pay $75 for one at the Egg and know I will get a real card shipped to my door and my CC info wont be sold to anyone.

this place is legit, i have purchased a zalman cooler from them when they were still 65 bucks for 50.:D

this place is legit, i have purchased a zalman cooler from them when they were still 65 bucks for 50.:D

People have bought from them before, but still, this is $60 off regular price... $5 for a video card is pretty ridiculous, especially since it's a mail-in-rebate... Maybe it'll get lost in the mail or rejected then you end up paying 3 times as much as you should for the card.

I think there was a thread earlier of some type of deal like this... and someone did some background info on them and traced their address to some residential address outside of NJ... I could be remembering incorrectly, but when a deal is SO utterly unbelievable... it usually is.

I'd be really careful.
They're located in raritan business center in edison NJ, not far from where i work. Haven't stopped in there yet though it is not a residential neighborhood by any means.

Personally i would also preach caution, $245 is an awefully large rebate to gamble on, especially for an 8600gt, and that's assuming there isn't a misprint.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1249396

That's the thread I was remembering. Same company, same deals. Anyways, I wouldn't do it if I were you...
Ya, that google location is incorrect, perhaps the shop owner lives there or something?

Meant to stop at their location in Raritan business center several times, but traffic always ended up being a bear so i'd always change my mind in the last second. They get the occasional hot non-rebate deal, and seem to have decent prices overall.

Still wouldn't recommend purchasing any rebate deals from them though, or any sensitive and expensive electronics like large LCD's etc etc, returns would be difficult at best i bet.

People have bought from them before, but still, this is $60 off regular price... $5 for a video card is pretty ridiculous, especially since it's a mail-in-rebate... Maybe it'll get lost in the mail or rejected then you end up paying 3 times as much as you should for the card.

The way MIRs work to offer big discounts is that there are many people who never send in the rebate, so that money saved (by the company) is passed on to those who do. Thing is if you have $245 in rebates on a $250 product, there probably won't be too many suckers forgetting to send that rebate in.

does this place just make up there own prices or what? they say list price is $329 and then their price is $245. what kind of BS is that for an 8600gt? the 8600gt never had a retail price remotely close to $245 much less $329. that alone would make me steer clear of this place.

Back