Intel P4 3.4ghz Released?

At $1100 the one link is definately for a P4EE, or just someone trying to rob people heh. The less expensive one looks to be actual pre-orders, but you can wait months on a pre-order.

I think my next upgrade will be the 3.4ghz Prescott , at 475$ approx I like it

already own a p4 3.4gig lmao:p and i paid 1tenth of the price that these poor amd suckers pay for a fx51 for a chip thats only just a bit slower:D
Gotta love tha legend that is the 2.4c God i hope prescott spawns another miracle chip like the 2.4c :p

Yeah, my 3.6Ghz P4 (1200FSB) only cost me $175.

And both pages say 512Kb cache so its not a P4EE
(they would mention the extra 2MB L3 cache if it was)

So nothing new, just what I have with a much slower FSB.

Would be like downgrading from a 3.0C (800FSB) to a 3.06(533FSB)

3.4Ghz Northwood for sale @ emicrox.com

my 3.5ghz cost me $175 too!! And I have Radeon 9800 PRO performance at $0 increase from the initial cost of the card!! I love oc'ing.

Heh I think you are right, that is a northie, and canadian costs. $1100 is a terrible price for what that is though!

Man i can't wait until they get released.
It's all im waiting for to build my new system damnit (3.4ghz Prescott)

Will early prescotts work on 875P boards ? Thought they were differnt pin count or is that second batch

I believe Prescott will have some specific voltage requirements which would hinder some motherboards useless even though it is a 478 socket.

Psyko M.

Originally posted by chrisf6969
Yeah, my 3.6Ghz P4 (1200FSB) only cost me $175.

And both pages say 512Kb cache so its not a P4EE
(they would mention the extra 2MB L3 cache if it was)

So nothing new, just what I have with a much slower FSB.

Would be like downgrading from a 3.0C (800FSB) to a 3.06(533FSB)

3.4Ghz Northwood for sale @ emicrox.com

great, thanks for bragging! :rolleyes:

Being built on .09 micron will enable the Prescott to scale much higher then the current Northwoods. Who knows the kinds of overclocks that might be possible. Imagine getting a 1GHz overclock out of the early versions just like the 2.4c.

Prescott will have better hyperthreading, a better SSE2 instruction set and something like 64bit extensions possibly.

I got February's issue of MaximumPC today and it said they have a Prescott in their hands right now their testing in the lab and they said the results make shock you :). To be announced in their March issue.

Could be bad or could be really good. I just hopes it puts a serious hurt on the A64's. It really wouldn't take much to tell you the truth as well as the current northwoods perform in comparison to an A64.

my prediction is that the 2.8E chip will be the one to get as that will get a guranteed 3.7 ghz ish range.

To be announced in their March issue.

What a bunch of morons. By that time anything they have to say will have been said before and all of the information will already be buzzing around on the internet. I guess they haven't figured it out yet - release the information BEFORE everyone else has a chance to figure it out on their own....

well the march issue will most likely be out around the time the chip comes out, most magazines i get are 3 weeks ahead of the month.

From what i've hear the Prescott 3.4eGHzwill be launched on Feb 2nd. ("e" denotes prescott) I think they were having problems getting the chips tto run at these (3.4GHz and up) speeds, so new core revisions will need to come out before we could expect any major overclocking. kinda like the Athlon 64's, they can't OC worth ship. but later versions should prove more successful.

Originally posted by @trapine
already own a p4 3.4gig lmao:p and i paid 1tenth of the price that these poor amd suckers pay for a fx51 for a chip thats only just a bit slower:D
Gotta love tha legend that is the 2.4c God i hope prescott spawns another miracle chip like the 2.4c :p

me to brother, you running stock voltages?

me to brother, you running stock voltages?

Running 1.6v and its been rock stable for over 4 months now.It is truly one of the best chips i have ever come across.It will keep me very happy until prescott 2.8 becomes king of the patch:D

yah man 1000mhz overclock, thats so insane if you think about it

im freakin out because up until mid summer i was using a 200mhz pentium pro as my main rig haha

no more 4 fps counterstrike action hehe

Back