Intel INF + BFG 6800 GT = messed up screen

Ti22

n00b
Hey guys

I really need your help, here is the deal I just got my Video card its a BFG6800 GT I install the card and when I get into windows I get messed up screen like pixellated matrix stuff everywhere.

So first thing i did was reformat got into windows fine after reformat I proceeded to installing Intel INF drivers first 6.0.1.1002 and right after the installation finishes those artifacts are back.

It seems like for some wierd reason my video card is not compatible with the intel INF driver. I tried 2 version of the driver the latest one 6.0.1.1002 and the older one is 5.0.1.1015(something like that) anyways both drives cause those artifacts. What can I do to remedy this btw I am using a SB65G2 I don't think its a power issue since the card works fine without the INF.

Somehow I doubt that it's the Intel chipset drivers causing the problems or else half the people with GT's (including me) would have this problem..

Ti22 said:
Hey guys

I really need your help, here is the deal I just got my Video card its a BFG6800 GT I install the card and when I get into windows I get messed up screen like pixellated matrix stuff everywhere.

So first thing i did was reformat got into windows fine after reformat I proceeded to installing Intel INF drivers first 6.0.1.1002 and right after the installation finishes those artifacts are back.

It seems like for some wierd reason my video card is not compatible with the intel INF driver. I tried 2 version of the driver the latest one 6.0.1.1002 and the older one is 5.0.1.1015(something like that) anyways both drives cause those artifacts. What can I do to remedy this btw I am using a SB65G2 I don't think its a power issue since the card works fine without the INF.

I just did the same thing with the same .inf file (once that's installed that has all the drivers I need right?)...no problems here. Artifacting is what you're seeing and you may have a bad card, especially if it's in 2d mode and you're still seeing those. Does it get worse in demo situation? Try 3dmark2003 or real time HDR>

The matrix stuff happens mostly when memory on GPU is bad.
[edit]
Hmm... check your vdimm rail and run memtest86 to make sure your memory is fine. Maybe its from your memory. I really don't think you can use the GPU in that system well... not only more heat... the PSU will be working over drive and will break down over time if not burn out. For example, 9800 pro at stock with 2.6c could only overclock up to 3.1ghz reliabily on my previous SFF (that one is the one with 250W PSU), same components went to 3.4ghz on desktop unit. If I use internal VGA I remember it doing the 3.38ghz or so on SFF.
It's marginal to say the least. I wouldn't do it myself.

Fixed the problem I simply reseated the card in the AGP slot and all problems are gone now its perfect!!!

Ti22 said:
Fixed the problem I simply reseated the card in the AGP slot and all problems are gone now its perfect!!!
*hugs IS7 with locking agp slot* I used to have an Asus with a agp slot that was looser than a five dollar hooker. :p

Back