Gawd
Hello all !

I a getting an Inspiron 1100 here in a few days with these specs:

2.4 gHz Celeron
512 meg DDR
Intel Graphics Extreme crappy video processor
DVD CD/RW Drive
20 Gig HD

I realize this is not a beast of a unit but it's from my work so it's free. For what my work usage requires it's more than enough. However they were not picking the laptop based on me wanting to game with it. Has anyone tried to run some games with this type of setup sepcifically the graphics chip. I am sure any strategy or RPG game would play fine, but what about 3d gaming ? If I played at like 800 x 600 with some detail down should I get reasonable FPS ? ANyone with this laptop or at least this graphics chip let me know.

Thanks

Tony

um don't get it for gaming, trust me it's the worst you can get, some games won't even run with that stupid integrated intel.

if you want the cheapest dell gaming machine get the 5100

I have a similar Toshiba set-up (exceptions being 2.0P4m and 40GB Hard drive) and I can run some older games decently.

Par example, Serious Sam, Quake 3, and Red Alert 2 all run fine, be it with scaled down graphics, but they also look alright.

yeah OLD games will work fine, but if u want to play new games you will be SOL

Well...I should certainly be able to play RPG's and the like. I am curious to see it's perfromance with UT and similar games.

Tony

another note of caution, the screen is set to 1024 pixels so if you are playing a game at 800 pixels it'll still be showing up as 1024 pixels, but you get the black box effect.

Originally posted by Tony Drake
Well...I should certainly be able to play RPG's and the like. I am curious to see it's perfromance with UT and similar games.

Tony

UT and Quake3 will work, but UT2003 will strain it seeing as the Intel Extreme Graphic cards do not have pixel or vertex shaders.

Back