I'm also having probelms with 4200Ti

jr_certs

Limp Gawd
Lately it hasn't wanted to play games in full screen mode, they're all OpenGL, Quake based. I don't know if that matters.
Plus, when I try to switch resolution/color depth windows says,
"The display control panel is unable to change the display settings. Please check your display hardware in device manager."
What is that all about? Sounds like a driver issue, no? Why would it just start doing this?
Thanks as always guys.

And whats the driver version you using right now? I recommend drivers 43.45 or 53.03, both work flawless on my system :D

OldMX

Actually, newer drivers are more likely to cause problems with older games (see Icewind Dale II for perfect example.) This is generally with D3D not OGL, but it's perhaps not impossible. I had to use older drivers to resolve the major display issues with some of the older games like that and I think Freespace as well. (I think I had to go as low as in the 20x range.)

Anyway, what I'm wondering is if some driver is reporting the refresh rates it's attempting to use as unusable. Perhaps a bad monitor driver or something. Check to see if there are any manual overrides set and make sure everything is valid. If you aren't using a driver made for your monitor, see if the manufacturer makes one.

Other than that, it's a little on the weird side and I didn't really have much other idea of what you could try.

Back