Iiyama E431S VS. Hyundai Q17

Every review or LCD round-up ive read recently has featured one of these displays, but never both at the same time. Which one is best?! Tom's Hardware has stated that the Q17 is excellent, but several large PC magazines in the UK such as PC Pro and Custom PC have said that the Iiyama E431S is the best LCD around (but they havent had a look at the Q17).

The Hercules is no longer in production, the Samsung 172x is NOT being released in the UK (according to employees at Samsung UK) and the Viewsonic 171 has had too many complaints for me to like.

The Q17 and the E431s are both the same price here (around £330) but the Q17 is easily found in stock whereas the E431s is not at all (in fact, can't find it in stock in ANY Uk based retailer).

cheers for any advice.

Hey, i was going to buy these days an LG LCD, but after so many bad reviews i encourted on some sites, i changed my mind.
And these days i was looking for some other brand, and on every site i was,(Toms hardware for example), and many others i found that Hyundai Q17 is one, if not, the best 17" LCD on market now.
So many people and experts claim that this monitor have color reporoduction(when you set it right) like a good CRT, so that really means a lot to me, and also they sad that is unbelieveble for games and movies. It has a true 20 ms response time for all 16 milion colors, and they say that is absolutely great for gaming.
I quote from Tom's hardware:

"In both games and videos, the excellence of the display can be seen in its superb true colors and the near perfection of shade graduations. The smoothness of video sequences (DVD) and movements is as good as on a CRT. And unless you put it under the microscope, there is no afterglow. "

So i heard it all, i am deffinetelly buying this monitor, but i have to look for it myself in the store before buying it offcourse.
And also it has full rescaling capability, so i think that this is also good thing for us who can't run games at 1280x1024.
And it is alot cheaper then other "16ms" monitors.....
see ya....

Back