Ideas for LCD mod

i bought a graphic lcd to put in my computer and i have been messin with it all week and its finally up and runnin. great! now i just need to mount it somehow. i think that it is too big to mount in the front bezels (~12cmx7cm) and i want to keep the lower space of the front clear. also the viewing angle for this lcd it kind of tight so i dont want it on top. so what i was thinking i have made a little picture to demonstrate.

lcdtop.JPG

i was thinking of making this enclosure out of lexan and using lbondo or something to smooth the edges and then painting it to match my case. is this a good idea or what would be better? what is the best way to bond lexan? any ideas, suggestions, comments?

thanks a lot

here's how i mounted my CrystalFontz LCD. It's just a plexi picture frame with 4 holes drilled to mount it.

DCP_0700.jpg

yeah thats basically what i wanted to do just in some sort of enclosure attached to my comp. i have never really worked that much with plexi or anything so i need to know how best to bond it together.

there is basically 2 ways that u can bond it together the cheap way and the expensive way the expensive way would be to design it and get a person who works with acrylic to plastic weld it together the cheap way would be to by a special type of glue that upon puttin on plastic melts causing the 2 pieces to sudo fuse together

i like to call the "cheap" way the "do it yourself" way, hehe. anyway what kinda glue would i want to look for?

i cant remember what it is called + we might have something different here in oz but look for a plastic bonding glue most places that seel acrylic should have it i know our hardwear stores have it but im not sure there

hmmm fiberglass... are there any tutorials on using fiberglass around? and how expensive is it? thanks

Back