i5-13400 SRMBF, BO Stepping Raptor Lake

mothman

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm just noticing this, maybe it's old news. As Intel does have both the BOX8071513400 SRMBP, CO Stepping Alder Lake i5-13400 and the BOXCM8071504821106 SRMBF, BO Stepping Raptor Lake i5-13400 has anybody actually gotten a BO Stepping ? or know how to get one ?

Does the stepping address some critical thing that you need? Just curious.

Just that the generational differences make Raptor better performing than Alder Lake

I thought this would stir some interest. Did I miss something ?

I thought this would stir some interest. Did I miss something ?
Comparison of equals

There's no point in getting one over the other. For the time/cost spent getting the RPL version, you might as well just get a 13600k and be done with it. There's no interest because there's no tangible difference.

I'm just noticing this, maybe it's old news. As Intel does have both the BOX8071513400 SRMBP, CO Stepping Alder Lake i5-13400 and the BOXCM8071504821106 SRMBF, BO Stepping Raptor Lake i5-13400 has anybody actually gotten a BO Stepping ? or know how to get one ?
Does the raptor lake version include the extra L2 cache? If so, that should be a key difference, for performance.

Intel must finally be running out of overstocked Alder Lake silicon.

Last edited:
Yes it does. A13600k is $100 more and I don't need it. Why a Raptor Lake i5-13400 isn't an attractive CPU to you guys is beyond me.

I thought all 13400 cpus were raptor lake? Am i missing something?

You guys didn't read my opening. Intel makes both Alder AND Raptor Lake 13400's.........The point of my whole thread is the Raptor version is SUPERIOR and i'd like to buy one.

Last edited:
You guys didn't read my opening. Intel makes bothe Alder AND Raptor Lake 13400's.........The point of my whole thread is the Raptor version is SUPERIOR and i'd like to buy one.
Only recently with the new stepping. Before, 13600 and below, were Alder Lake.

You guys didn't read my opening. Intel makes bothe Alder AND Raptor Lake 13400's.........The point of my whole thread is the Raptor version is SUPERIOR and i'd like to buy one.
Go to the link I posted. It's not a significant difference. The RPL stepping is also OEM only.

I've got a C0 13500 and CPUZ says its raptor lake. I'm so confused.

13500.png

I have a Qualification Sample (QS) 13600 that came from a mainstream OEM, and it is a C0 stepping.

1690511466709.png

Go to the link I posted. It's not a significant difference. The RPL stepping is also OEM only.

That's what I heard also, but I didn't look into confirming it in any meaningful way.

If there's any performance difference, it is offset with increased power draw.

That's what I heard also, but I didn't look into confirming it in any meaningful way.

If there's any performance difference, it is offset with increased power draw.
Raptor Lake scales down really well. If there is any power draw difference between the 13400 alder lake and 13400 raptor lake; clock for clock, it is likely very small.

Back