I think my NF7-S died....

Bugalaman

Really a Ugandachick
Well, last week I was refromatting my computer when I heard a loud POP from my computer. I ran over and it had turned off. I could smell that horrilbe burning electronics smell. I unplugged it immediatly and disassembled it to get a good look at it. I looked at all the capistors on the motherboard, but found no obvious damage. Hell, I even smelled everything hoping to find where the problem was. The most noticable odd smell came from the PSU (Antec 350W). So I contacted Antec to RMA it. But before I shipped it I borrowed another PSU from a friend (Sparkle 300W) , connected it (save for a couple fans, to save power) and nothing happened. The red LED DID light up(like normal) on the mobo though, but the power switch didnt do anything. I even tried the Antec PSU, and again, Red LED no power. HMMMM..... Should I RMA my motherboard? any other thoughts on what it could be? (Its definatly not the video card, because I tested it on another computer)
Thanks...

Well id say it is your 2500+ take the heat sink off and look at where the pins are on the chip it will be burnt if it is dead!

Back