I love you, Bill Gates!

Cobreth

[H]ard|Gawd
I was on page 3 of a school paper and Word crashed. :(

Thank God for the auto-save feature. I'd be really pissed right now.

This has been happening often recently, mostly with Safari. Any ideas why? My software is updated as of today. :confused:

-Matt

Eh, happens with any word processor I've ever used except possibly for Office 2k3 pro (on PC). It's freakin fast and hasn't crashed or bogged down on me yet. MS did pretty much rebuild it from the ground up with .net though.

In addition to those other questions, you're saying the crash only happens when you're using Safari? or is it possibly when you've got too much load on the system?

Specs pleeeze.

Originally posted by Cobreth
I was on page 3 of a school paper and Word crashed. :(

Thank God for the auto-save feature. I'd be really pissed right now.

This has been happening often recently, mostly with Safari. Any ideas why? My software is updated as of today. :confused:

-Matt

I was experiencing the same thing over the weekend... Word crashed twice within 45 minutes :| Lost school work both times (but luckily I have a habit of saving every 2 sentences or so).

In all my years tho, I've never had Word just spontaneously crash on Windows :D

Because you can't trust simple programs, either. There was a real genius of a programmer I went to undergrad with who had to do some major library replacements on the old HPUX servers to finish a project of his one semester. Since he knew his stuff pretty well the admins gave him root and had him sit next to them so they could keep an eye on him. After some time they trusted him more and watched him less. As part of his updates he decided that the server could use a newer version of emacs, so he went about building and installing it... on a live multiuser system, during business hours, right before finals. Guess how many people came screaming when large chunks of their projects vanished?

I've got an 867Mhz Powerbook G4 with 256mb RAM running OSX 10.3.

-Matt

Get more RAM.

I'm wondering how a Word Processor can crash.

>Because you can't trust simple programs, either

There's a great difference between using a program and blindly upgrading.
One should never remove an older version without testing the stability of the newer.

That just goes to show you can't trust those damn hackers. :p OMG!!!

I remember that from years past...

Anyway, programs can and do crash. Office has crashed on my dozens of times on Windows, several times on OS X. It definitely irks me, but not as much as when Visual Studio takes a dump. I've even had vi crash on a linux box a year ago.

Back