How to Install ClarkConnect Home Edition v.2.2

rsnellma

Gawd
I recently got a lead from someone on this forum ( I apologize for not remember who you are, but I am very forgetful) about a SNAP / NAS type free OS software called ClarkConnect. So, I went and checked it out and downloaded the free Home Edition, but now I am unsure if it is a stand alone app or do I need to have Linux previously installed before trying to install this or what. I have burned it to CD and even created a floppy boot up disk and I still do not get it to boot into the installation wizard. Can anyone tell / explain to me the installation procedure of this ClarkConnect Home Edition v.2.2? Thanks in advance.

Bob2001

there's an install doc here that looks pretty well written:
http://www.clarkconnect.org/docs/2.1/index.htm

clarkconnect will be the operating system on that computer, so you needn't have linux already on there. when you install it will format your drive and be the only os (there are avanced options, but that's the gist). are you sure that the motherboard bios is looking for a bootable cdrom?

and if you are sure that is the case, did you copy the iso onto a cd? or use the burn from iso feature on your burning software?

ClarkConnect kicks some serious ass. More so than SmoothWall. If there's questions that arent awnsered in the install guide, post them here and I'll try to help you out.

Clark connect is a great all in one for home users. If security is what your after your better off going with a dedicated firewall such as monowall.

Back