How to increase RAID 1 Boot Array (Prime X370 Pro and Raidxpert2)

fmahannah

n00b
I have my C drive on Windows 10 as a RAID 1 Boot array. It is 2 Samsung SSD 870 EVOs (500g each). My C drive is nearly full with nothing else I can move off of it so I bought two new evos 1 tb each.
I know that if I just replace one of the current drives with a larger one it would only use the space of original drive accomplishing nothing.

Is there a way to make the array use all the drive space after replacing both drives with the larger ones and having it rebuild to those safely?

OR am I stuck with trying to backup or clone the array onto the new drives somehow. This is my main work machine and I can't risk having it go down if I screw this up.

Any ideas or step by steps really appreciated.

Thanks!

The Amd raid expert user guide describes using the transform array command to increase the arrays storage capacity on page 88-90. Seems fairly straight forward and no risk of data loss in the process as long as the array is redundant.

The Amd raid expert user guide describes using the transform array command to increase the arrays storage capacity on page 88-90. Seems fairly straight forward and no risk of data loss in the process as long as the array is redundant.
Thanks.

Back