How to extract audio?

Zidoas

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys, can someone please tell me how to extract audio from a video file? Like the background music of a video file, how do you extract that? Thanks a bunch.

i'm gonna guess that you will want to just set up some sort of sound recorder (dammit, just forgot the name... hang on. ahh, yes it's called Sound Recorder, that's simple and will probably work just fine.) anyway, just kill all other sound sources from your machine like mics or whatnot (so i guess in the sound control pannel, make sure everything is off except for the video. (have it playing so you can check off everything, and then just uncheck the box that lets the video's sound play))

also, you might want to take out any CDs that are in the CDROM drive just so the drive's motor dosen't cause any interference (that's a problem for me on my dell, anyway.) when you've done all that, just start recording from the recorder and hit play as soon as you can to start the video. the recorder will capture this audio, and you can save it as .wav and change it with a third party application later, or i think you can just save it as whatever format you want right from Sound Recorder.

just make sure you don't click on anything, or that anyone dosen't IM you during the recording process, otherwise you will be able to hear menus opening or IM chimes in the background everytime you play back your audio file!

hope that helped...

sound recorder has a 60 second time limit, though... if i recall correctly.

many other apps can do the same thing, though... adobe premiere (or after effects), any movie making app, basically...

what kind of movie file is it? of its a mpg or divx then you can use tmpgenc to de-multiplex the audio stream.

VCD/DVDRhelp.com
Check out the Tools, section, get a copy of VirtualDub..Should be able to do it for you, if Tmpeg can't..If you need to figure out how - check out one of the *many* guides on the site.

Back