How to delete a mysterious ROM drive?

PacknHeat

Limp Gawd
I have a "CD Drive (M:)" that I believe was created with NERO.

I nolonger want the drive. I uninstalled NERO, but it's still there.

Any idea how to remove it?

Thanks

assuming you have 2k/xp, which you should specify, see if it's in control panel->admin tools->computer management->disk management

it should give you some info about all your storage devices. if that info doesn't tell you anything useful about what it is in hopes of being able to 'actually' remove it, you can at least make it not associated with a drive letter so that it won't show up in my computer.

yes, XP

Its label is VOBID InstantDrive ...

No white box shows up next to it in Disk Management like my other roms.
Is just removing the drive letter the proper way to remove it, or is it just hidding it?

it's really just hiding it. i don't suppose there's anything on it? a quick yahoo search tells me it has to do with cd rw's (which we already knew) but doesn't tell me much else. could another piece of software have been installed, along the lines of direct cd or whatever it is that makes it so you can drag and drop onto a cdr, that would have created this?

vobid instantdrive is an exe that runs at startup. you can get rid of it with run > msconfig.

Originally posted by DeFex
vobid instantdrive is an exe that runs at startup. you can get rid of it with run > msconfig.

Thank you.
Might you know what program created it?

Pretty sure its Pinnacle InstantCD/DVD

seems to be bundled sometimes
"(bundled with TDK DVD Writer)"

Back