How do I tell if my SB Live softmodded?

soft mod to what?
check the identification of the card under its driver or under the control panel - if it no longer id's itself as the 5.1 but to whatever you wanted to mod it to then voila it is modded.

Originally posted by HvyMtl
soft mod to what?
check the identification of the card under its driver or under the control panel - if it no longer id's itself as the 5.1 but to whatever you wanted to mod it to then voila it is modded.

http://discuss.futuremark.com/forum...275807&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=1

From here I got the info, and I am trying to mod it to a Audigy or Audigy 2.

When I installed the hacked drivers, I asked me to reboot, then I rebooted and this window came up and said something to patch so the quality of sound to be better. But while playing games it says I still got Soundblaster Live....?

This is about the 4th time in the last year a question like this has popped up. The answer is always the same. You can't make a card do something it does had the capabilities to do. You will not get EAX HD and will not get pseudo 24 bit audio from a live card. The Audigy2 drivers do have a better interface and are also less buggy so you kinda win by using them. But no matter how much you shine a turd it still stinks.

Back