Home Theatre PC Cases

Hack_light

Limp Gawd
Dose any one know of any good home theatre PC cases? Please post pics and or links. I would like to build my self-one that matches the other components in my system.

here is my coolermaster.. check on their site.. they have a few models all reasonably priced

htpc.jpg

Originally posted by (7\)
here is my coolermaster.. check on their site.. they have a few models all reasonably priced

Were did you buy this case? I can not seem to find it any were.

Here is mine. It's a Super-Flower 101 mATX case I got from www.directron.com . I don't think they carry it any more but they have plenty other models and makes.

Here's some pics:

htpc08.jpg

htpc09.jpg

htpc12.jpg

htpc14.jpg

Originally posted by Hack_light
It is pretty.

Indeed it is.

I could rattle off a whole list of good HTPC Cases but for mysake I'll just direct you to avsforum.com

Check their HTPC section. Lots of links to various HTPC Cases.

Might wanna check out the SilverStone Lascala SST-LC01 as an option. Not too bad of a price tag and a nice case.

Really, any desktop case that is around 16" wide is the perfect size for most home theater systems.

Some can be had for 40 bucks.

I got The Directron CSTR-100 mine is siver. and if you get it make sure you replace that power supply the one it came with sucks. and becareful around the back PSU/slot area. sharp as a razer was bleeding for 1/2 hour.:mad:

Edit

Enforcer 17 your case looks alot like mine. it seem alot of case manfactres just change the look of the case I have. I seen a couple on newegg with the same frame just a different front/sides/back.

i would say your better ff getting a plain mid or full tower, and running a nice coat of black airbrush finish, and outlining the case with nice metallic paint. itll look alot nicer than a baught-read case, especially if you know what your doing.

Originally posted by hellzassasin
i would say your better ff getting a plain mid or full tower, and running a nice coat of black airbrush finish, and outlining the case with nice metallic paint. itll look alot nicer than a baught-read case, especially if you know what your doing.

how does a tower integrate with your other audio/video components? Thats the idea of a specific HTPC Cases as apposed to any case.

This is why I come to [H] forums; less BS, more info. I was just thinking about setting up a HTPC and one of my larger questions already has its own topic. :)

Now: heat. Considering that for HT DVD formats (looking forward a bit) a fairly decent system is required:

Minimum Configuration
(for playing 720p video)
Microsoft Windows XP
Windows Media Player 9 Series
2.4 GHz Processor
384 MB of RAM
64 MB Video Card
DVD-ROM drive
1024 x 768 Screen Resolution
16-bit Sound Card
Speakers

Optimum Configuration
(for playing 1080p video with 5.1 surround sound)
Microsoft Windows XP
Windows Media Player 9 Series
3.0 GHz Processor
512 MB of RAM
128 MB Video Card
1920 x 1440 Screen Resolution
DirectX 9
DVD-ROM drive
24-bit 96 KHz Multichannel Sound Card
5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/content_provider/film/ChoosingPC.aspx

some of these cases need new power supplies, and I wonder how others will disperse the heat efficiently. Any ideas?

How to remove heat? It depends on the cooling options of the case you select. It's best to select a case that holds 80 mm or larger fans, so that you can choose a quiet fan that moves enough air. Maybe when you choose a case I can give you more specific advice. If you have other questions I'd be glad to answer them.

Back