Holy Cow - Huge Box (Logitech Z560s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and i just ran a test the ultra sub was moving at 1 hz, beat that!!! LOL....

Seriously though, all kidding a side the 560 sub is really good for the price, however when people start comparing it to more expensive systems like the ultras or the gigaworks and claim it to be cleaner or more powerful thats just ignorant and missinformed. Try to get your facts straight before hand, thats all.

Originally posted by soupnazi
My point proven exactly.;)

Maybe it's just the Audio section, the other ones seem okay.
:D

I see it as a tight-knit community with three main groups:
one who knows what they are talking about
one that pretends to know what they are talking about
one that is made up of poor noobs caught in the middle

Zachary..... I think you left one very small group off of your list.
That group is made up of a self proclaimed "audio guru" that does not know jack shit about audio. :D
Now, would someone care to lock this thread?
It has been nothing but a flame war from it's inception. :(

Im the guy that acts like he knows what hes talking about, but I have the single greatest tool. I can compare 2 sets with my ear and not some benchmarks. That always seems to work for me.

Originally posted by Mad_Gamer
Im the guy that acts like he knows what hes talking about, but I have the single greatest tool. I can compare 2 sets with my ear and not some benchmarks. That always seems to work for me.

Two sets side by side? That's not how you compare speakers.

uhh...try out the first speakers then unhookthem and try out the 2nd pair

It doesn't work like that, sorry to break it to you.

The human brain, no matter how much you think your memory is good, cannot remember how something sounds for longer than a minute. To go through the trouble of unhooking and hooking up a similar set of speakers to test their quality/what have you, you would have forgot how the previous set sounds like.

Not only that, you have to make sure each speaker is placed accordingly (meaning in the same position) as the other, and they have to have the exact same volume level. Some people mistake greater volume as a reason one set is better than the other.

Now other than obvious differences in x set and y set, like trying to compare Creative Inspires to Klipsch Promedia's, it gets trickier when it comes to comparing satellites to satellites, response, etc.

I was afraid someone would not understand

you fall into the "one who knows what they are talking about" group

You can use tests and benchmarks to compare all you want, but in the end its personal preference. It might not be exact, but you know what you like. I had Z-680s over and put them side by side, tried it out, the bass was undoubtly hit harder but wasnt has deep. I havent seen anyone of the soo called "gurus" Or "people that know stuff" talk about the speakers and compare it to benchmarks. But hey what do I know? I mean I had the z-560's and bought the Ultras to replace them. Then I compared the ultras with z-680s the Ultras sounded better to me. If there is anything wrong with that, or if you have proof that the Z-680s sound better. Let me know cuz i can easily sell these and get a pair of z-680s or even z-560....

There is nothing that gives the ultras competition (not even the mediocre but cheap z680s. should not be in the same class) Only the Gigaworks 700 or 750's. Now If logitech made a set and charged what the ultras and gigaworks go for we might see them able to compare as it stands both the ultras and the gigas best the 680s in every aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back