HL2: Episode 1 DELAYED

They should do what they did with HL2. Wait til the day of launch or later to announce its delay. GRAND!!!

^No kidding. All they do is announce a product early and say its release date only to push it back mulitple times. Take their release dates with a grain of salt. However it is worth it as they have put our great games.

Hey PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at the bright side, when valve realeases a game, it almost a perfect game, unlike EA for example, where games are full of shitty bugs.

It will be worth the wait.

And alost 3 days after my b-day :D

Perfect? Uh yeah. Right. Great and pretty darn good? I'm with you, but I wouldn't go so far as perfect. Using that logic, Team Fortress 2.0 should be the greatest game ever.

Back to the release date, I'm sure this new date is chosen more to use E3 as a launching pad (not to mention the free advertising they'll get) for Episode 1. I'm thinking that marketing is a bigger reason behind the delay more than anything.

GJohn said:
Look at the bright side, when valve realeases a game, it almost a perfect game

Wow. Did you suddenly forget HalfLife 2?

Sly said:

What about HL2?

I have played it 3 times from start to end. You cannot ask more then that in that game, its a blast playing it.

GJohn said:
What about HL2?

I have played it 3 times from start to end. You cannot ask more then that in that game, its a blast playing it.

You claimed that delayed source games are perfectly bug free when finally released.

Sly said:

Half Life 2 is a great game---the first time you play through it...but has almost zero replay value, other then to look at the pretty graphics

Sly said:
You claimed that delayed source games are perfectly bug free when finally released.

Never had a single problem/bug with HL2 for me and I played through it at least 3 times, including twice within the first month of it being released. If you're claiming there are bugs, then what did you experience rather than leaving your posts for assumption.

PureBooYah said:
Never had a single problem/bug with HL2 for me and I played through it at least 3 times, including twice within the first month of it being released. If you're claiming there are bugs, then what did you experience rather than leaving your posts for assumption.

Excuse me. What did you say i claimed?

Rather than give you my side, which you will very likely rebuke. Try searching the hardforums yourself.

One of these days i'm hoping they'll announce a release date intentionally later than they need and then release it early just to get a good laugh out of everyone's reaction to the complete out of character-ness of it. Probably won't happen tho.

bug free?? isnt there a widespread audio stutter problem with HL2 that still hasnt been solved?

Sly said:
Excuse me. What did you say i claimed?

Rather than give you my side, which you will very likely rebuke. Try searching the hardforums yourself.

:confused: never said you claimed anything. And rebuke? I was curious as to what specific problems you had since I personally didn't experience any. Heaven forbid you post examples.

Ah,comeon......remember......its done when its done.....this doesnt surprise me one bit.
I hope they turn SiN episodes loose to tide me over.
I read the gamespot interview yesterday.....it does sound like the game will be a little longer than originally planned, though. But $20 for 7 hours still sounds a bit steep.

magoo said:
Ah,comeon......remember......its done when its done.....this doesnt surprise me one bit.
I hope they turn SiN episodes loose to tide me over.
I read the gamespot interview yesterday.....it does sound like the game will be a little longer than originally planned, though. But $20 for 7 hours still sounds a bit steep.

yeah, I would rather pay $10-15 for 7 hours of gameplay. But then again when you take a look at a game like FEAR which I beat in 9-10 hours and paid $50 for; it makes $20 for 7 hours look like a deal :(

yes Valve is horrible maybe they should team up with Blizzard and make laggy/login issues as well and charget them per month for that killer deal mention above. And possibly get Martha Stewart in on the action to help the profits a little

I'm not surprised either, everything Valve releases has been delayed. When they announce a game, I assume that date + 3 months.

Wasn't EP1 supposed to be out last fall? So the end of may would is around 8 months late? For <10 hours of gameplay.
I supposed if they come through on all their promises (fewer scripted events, an AI that will adpat to your strategy and serve a useful purpose in the fight, full HDR all around) I'll probably end up picking up EP1 too.
Of course this is a game dev company, their promises don't hold much weight.

alkoholik said:
bug free?? isnt there a widespread audio stutter problem with HL2 that still hasnt been solved?
Yep... Been there right from release, and still nothing done about it... and the video stutters for a second too, not just the audio

It just really pisses me off that HL2 ran smoother on my XP1800+ / Ti4400 than it does on my A64 3000+ / X800 :mad:

LuminaryJanitor said:
Yep... Been there right from release, and still nothing done about it... and the video stutters for a second too, not just the audio

It just really pisses me off that HL2 ran smoother on my XP1800+ / Ti4400 than it does on my A64 3000+ / X800 :mad:

i upgraded my other computer from a A64 3000+ / AIW 9600 to a A64 3700+ / X800 pro and all of a sudden I get the stutter.....yet on my A64 4000+ / 7800gtx 512 there is none....very very strange

GJohn said:
Hey PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at the bright side, when valve realeases a game, it almost a perfect game, unlike EA for example, where games are full of shitty bugs.

It will be worth the wait.

And alost 3 days after my b-day :D

I disagree. I had more issues with HL2 than any other game, including BF2. I got them resolved, and to be fair, I was running onboard sound at the time, but still, from my persepctive, it was more buggy than BF2.

I was expecting it, but it's not bothering me too much since I know that once it's released it will kickass. Read what Newell said in that article about the story; that's all I need to know.

Not suprising at all... what we should be wondering is when we should be expecting the code leak ;)

polonyc2 said:
Half Life 2 is a great game---the first time you play through it...but has almost zero replay value, other then to look at the pretty graphics
no, it has tremendous replay value. the ONLY game i have ever replayed and actually found it better the second time around...shit its the only game i have replayed that could keep me interested till the end.

It should never come as a surprise that a Valve product is delayed or behind schedule.

dotK said:
It should never come as a surprise that a Valve product is delayed or behind schedule.

Of course not, they only have to answer to themselves. Thats why these EA games are annoying the hell out of me they keep hitting the release date by give or take a month but at what cost. A mmorp I can understand but some of the problems on RTSs seem really hard to understand.

Back