help with monitor settings

Eshelmen

Supreme [H]ardness
Hi uh... i brought my monitor over to my friends last night and then i came back here to my house... plugged my monitor in and now its all fucked up
i cant find the settings to get it to look right...

Is there a program i can download that will set the monitor resolution and how it looks for the best fit?

btw theres nothing bad... no i didnt plug in to his pc... actually i brought it over there for another friend who was going to spend the night but actually didnt so i just set it down on the floor last night with out plugging it in..
and now its all jacked up... i cant fix it for some damn reason.. so theres no program to make it default?

come on guys i need help... i`m sitting here waiting for an answer lol

the resolution is messed up? that's under control panel->display.

The screen size isn't quite right? there should be buttons on the monitor to adjust dimensions/contrast/brightness.

the screen size is too big... but i cant fix it..:( is there a way meening i cant figure it out... is there a way i can download a program that will help me? or make the screen size look ok

it's easiest just to use the buttons on the monitor...they vary from monitor to monitor but basically you get into the monitor menu by pushing one of the buttons, then navigate through the menu to adjust size/position/etc.

/edit: it's POSSIBLE to do it with software, but no particular program comes to mind.

i know about the buttons on the monitor but its just that the setting to make the size squeeze together like go from here
<___> to here<__> :( its not working thats all i need..

btw is there a way to default the monitor?

ok thanks

and for those of you who do know the software name please give me it because this is not working...

i`m not that big of a noob..:)
i know about the buttons but i just cant get it working... god this sux

Your video card may have software to support this issue. Check that out.

P.S. Bumping you thread over and over and begging for help won't make people answer any faster, it will probably do the reverse. Be patient.

This is what you do to get everything default.

Go to Safe Mode.

Uninstall Video Card Driver.

Reboot.

Install Video Card Driver.

Fix the video settings that will satisfy your need.

Done.

ok that didnt help ... sorry

i`m still stuck with a wierd looking screen that i cant see all of the desktop...

now i tried working with the buttons on this and the one that supposed to squeeze my screen together isnt working but everything else is... is something i didnt do?

sounds like your resolution is set too low. "Can't see all of your desktop".

right click on your desktop, go to properties. Click the settings tab on the upper right. Drag the screen resolution bar to hte desired size, hit apply.

You're probably -at- the default setting of 640x480 resolution.

thanks for that... i noticed it wont go lower than 800 x 600 for some odd reason:(

it wasnt at 640 x 460 or whatever it si... it was at 1024x768

but the lowest one i set it at was 800 x 600 and now i can just see my right side of my screen part but not all of it...

Back