Help with DEC VAX And Pathworks LAT (Long shot enclosed!)

Ok, I dont know how many of you have worked with SuperLAT or Pathworks LAT but I am having a little trouble.

A little background - at my work we have a DEC VAX 4000/200 system running OpenVMS. While we have a few scattered terminals it's troublesome to add a new one in this portion of the network due to limited equipment and no way to make new cables (since they are proprietary clips on the end). Because of this, the majority of people here use a terminal emulation software called Smarterm and connect to the VAX via the LAT protocol. Unfortunately the LAT Protocol we have only works with Windows 9x and NT 4.0. My problem is that the system I need to connect to the VAX is running Windows XP.

The VAX does not have TCP/IP installed, and I really have no way or even enough knowledge of microcomputers to attempt this. This leaves me with a few options:

-Find some way to get LAT working on an XP system
-Format the PC back to NT 4.0
-Find a way to put a dumb terminal at the person's desk

I'd rather not do the last two, so do any of you have suggestions on how to accomplish the first? I have a new version of Smarterm which supports what is called PATHWORKS LAT but I havent been able to find much about this product or if the protocol even exists on Windows 2000 at all. There isnt much of a kernel difference between 2K and XP so if I can find a 2K solution it will most likely work in this situation.

Thanks in advance.

summary explanation - Need a LAT solution for Windows 2000/XP, preferably free.

No Idea. None.

This is why you have support. Call them*.

*them being whoever it is that supports the entire VAX system. Hopefully them != you. Sorry.

Back