Help needed. CD duplicating system

To build what you want to build, you will need to go SCSI and not IDE or SATA. SCSI is the only interface that will allow multiple simultanious data transfers accross its bus which is what you will need if you plan on burning multiple CDs at once.

I'm not even sure if you can get an OTC application to burn to multiple drives at once. Most companies that sell what you are looking for have developed their own applications to make this array work. You could try nero, but I don't think it will come anywhere close to doing what you need.

Price it out and see if it is less expensive to do it yourself as opposed to just buying on you know will work (w/ support and warrenties).

The duplication devices you have found so far are on the inexpensive end of the product spectrum. A good, robotic personal/small office duplicator will run upwards of 10-15k US$

Good luck.

While blackrino may be correct when talking about PC-based CD duplication, that info is incorrect for non-PC based duplication.

If you look closely, those are standard 52X Liteon burners.

Duplicator01.JPG

Duplicator02.JPG

Duplicator07.JPG

Those are images of a completed duplicator. There is nothing more needed, although you have the option to add a hard drive to store jobs if you wanted to. That's right, no motherboard, CPU, RAM, monitor, keyboard, or anything else. Just a standard ATX case with enough bays for the drives, a standard ATX power supply, the controller, and the drives.

Seriously, can you give us a guide on how to build one of these? I'd be really interested in building one myself, if I knew how to.... What's the controller? How do you put it together to do what it's supposed to do? How do you get the 7 cd-r's to plug into the controller?

TEEELLLLLL ME!!!

A buddy of mine won one of those off of Ebay for $30 something dollars, might want to look there.

You have to search around for cases like that. I simply built my own, just using a full tower that I got from a local store for 10dollars(they were going to toss it). Then I just cut out the front pieces so drives could fit in there and then I went to CompUSA and bought enough drive cages that I needed. I could have made my own but I was to impatient.

Anyway to give you an idea, just use this link to get an idea of what you can get.

You need the following:

1 controller card
1 case
1 power supply
1 ROM drive cd/dvd
1to12 Burners
optional harddrive(s)

Fingers to put it all together. It really is easy, you just plug in the drives to the controller card and hook up all the power and your done.

All you have to do is check out Sarver's pics.

Back