Hardware monitoring on X800

Mr. D.

Weaksauce
I noticed that the fan on the X800 just like on the 9800XT's has a three wire lead. I'm wondering if it is possible to monitor it just like the temperature. It would be nice to show the GPU temp along with the FAN speed on my LCD using MBM.

I would love to develop drivers and software that interacts with hardware. But I can't find any books on the subject. I am a Visual Basic novice myself.

the windows driver development kit is a good start with a lot of examples .. you wont get far without c tho

Ack! Non-MFC apps typically have much better memory managment and are lower profile... but they are [H]arder to make. I guess there can't be any complaints though, if you are really making it, that would be uber nice.

You could always just leave the overdrive panel open in the display properties :p

nweibley said:
Ack! Non-MFC apps typically have much better memory managment and are lower profile... but they are [H]arder to make. I guess there can't be any complaints though, if you are really making it, that would be uber nice.

800kb memory minimized isnt that bad, is it?

W1zzard said:
800kb memory minimized isnt that bad, is it?
No thats great, but in my experience, non-MFC programs usually exhibit less memory leakage problems (especially on large complex programs) and take less memory loaded.

For example, a friend of mine, matt whitlock, wrote a small completely standards compliant FTP server that is like an 18kb single exe! Thats portability baby!

nweibley said:
No thats great, but in my experience, non-MFC programs usually exhibit less memory leakage problems (especially on large complex programs) and take less memory loaded.

For example, a friend of mine, matt whitlock, wrote a small completely standards compliant FTP server that is like an 18kb single exe! Thats portability baby!

i'm keeping an eye on memory leaks .. none i could find ..

i dont see how executable size relates to portability ?

I was not speaking of the ease of porting the code from kernel to kernel, but rather, actual portability from computer to computer. 18kb easily fits on any medium, and transfers across broadband nearly instantly. And that is an entire FTP server. Pretty slick!

Back