harddrive toast>?

c00z

Limp Gawd
Well, it seems that i may have fucked up another part,,....errr

here is how it is, i was formatting and changing master and slave drive order and i guess when i put in the ide cable that some of the pins were slightly ascew and when i looked at it later it appeard that 3 pins had recessed inwards. Thus i took needle nose pliers and pulled then out since it wouldnt detect the harddrive when they were bent in. Now it still dosent dectect them..ideas? any way i can get that data, I had just sent it all to that harddrive so i could format the other one. The formatting went well and not it seems i had lost everything...ideas,?

Ontrack Ez recovery software, Always worked for me even after formatted/ deleted partitions.

Pm me if you cant find the it anywhere on the net.

If you have an identical HDD as the one with the fux0rd pins, swap out the controller board.

thanks for the advice, but i think it has something to do with pushing the pins in and then pulling them out. I have seen someone do this and the harddrive worked afterwards so that is why i did it. Mine just seems not to want to detect.

Here is a better explaination of what happened, saw that the pins were bent when i rebooted after switching the drives. System posted and stopped. Couldnt get into bios

So pulled both ide cables out and saw that 3 pins on the one harddrive were not as long any more, were indented, but still straight.

Pulled em out and now the computer boots but dosent see the harddrive.

Any ideas, did i just pooch myself?

nah it was my backup harddrive, a nice fujitsu liquid bearing 20gig, so i dont have an extra controller board.

If it is screwed, i would be content with just getting the data off of it

you could try pulling the board off and making sure the other ends of the pins are pushed into the plastic as far as their supposed to be. Maybe you could also solder in a "doner" connector from another HDD if you have decent soldering skills.

yeah i think that if i cannot get it to work in another computer my options are limited...

herm...anyone every have sucess after what i just mentioned?

anyone had success imaging a non-detecting drive straight over to an identical detecting one? Ghost wont do it (unless there are some crazy parameters that i overloocked)... I've lost 200 gb in the last 2 weeks alone :(

Sorry for the thread jack, i thought it'd be appropriate, and why is this in Oc/C?

thanks for th support boyz, it seems that the drive works on my friends computer, i think that the cable is just crappy and when the pins were pushed in "something" happened, what that was i am not sure, but it was fine on his comp

Thanks laterz

Back