Hard Drive Help

tinstaafl

Weaksauce
I picked up a 160 gig Seagate HD at a compusa sale and haven't been able to install it until recently. The problem with this is that the HD isn't showing up under My computer. I've checked the BIOS and its being detected and its even being detected under the device manager. Am I just being really stupid here and forgetting a step? Thanks in adavance

Oh and my specs are:
P4 2.53
80 gig WD primary
IT7-MAX2
Lite on CD-RW & DVD
Gainward ti4800

Did you partition and format?

Are you using XP?

Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Managment > Disk Managment

You should see the disk there. Right click on the drive, and I can't remember the specifics but it should say partition and then lead you through the steps.

Originally posted by VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVI
Did you partition and format?

Are you using XP?

You should see the disk there. Right click on the drive, and I can't remember the specifics but it should say partition and then lead you through the steps.

Thanks a ton. I knew I was forgetting something. I truly feel like an idiot now.

Glad it worked out too :)
as VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVI pointed out we all feel like idiots now and then (ever loose a 200GB RAID array to pilot error? :p )

slightly shorter > Start > Run > (type) Diskmgmt.msc

so I assume VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVI gets a cookie
since there is no such thing as a free lunch :p
or are you posting from the moon?

ok you guys helped me out with the first problem as I have never seen this. For some reason my drive is saying that it can not complete the format. That is something I have never seen. Do wou guys have any other tricks up your sleeves?

Back