[H] BF3 Servers

Noize_Unit

n00b
Hey guys,

Just curious, as i live in Washington on the west coast, the current [H] servers are like 60-100ms ping atm, i was wondering if you guys might end up adding additional ones or moving some to like chicago or something, just wondering if i'll be able to get on some [H] servers with a little better ping, I do have Comcast (i know :( ) 20Mbps internet, maybe i need faster internetz.

PS i know nothing about gaming dedicated servers and how it works renting them or whatever so i do know if what im asking is out of the question or whatever.

Last edited:
I play on the [H] servers fine and I get 120ms ping with Comcast in Florida. I think you are placing too much emphasis on ping. If you are getting as low as 60, you are good to go IMO.

Hey guys,

Just curious, as i live in Washington on the west coast, the current [H] servers are like 60-100ms ping atm, i was wondering if you guys might end up adding additional ones or moving some to like chicago or something, just wondering if i'll be able to get on some [H] servers with a little better ping, I do have Comcast (i know :( ) 20Mbps internet, maybe i need faster internetz.

PS i know nothing about gaming dedicated servers and how it works renting them or whatever so i do know if what im asking is out of the question or whatever.

Our servers are in chicago. If your getting a 60 ping from WA to Chicago then thats really good. Rock it out!

sweet, i guess i was just seeing 14ms ping for local servers, and thinking that that higher ping would hinder me, right on guys, thanks for settin me straight :)

I usually have to settle for 150-200ms ping due to my location. I would kill to have 60-100. Be thankful for what you have!

Any reason why the [H] servers aren't populated tonight?

I've been in games before where it is actually was a disadvantage to have the lowest ping because of multiplayer network'd latency/lag compensation techniques.

Back