[H]ard hosting?

Carlosinfl

Loves the juice
I was just curious how and what [H] uses for hosting the forums and site?

Is this ran on Linus or Windows OS?

As much detailed info would be cool...

Thanks

I'm sorry - I am very interested in Linux - is their a specific distro they are using on the server?

Great info and thanks for posting that :D

666 said:
Anybody know what the OS is?

from the article

The top of our cab is occupied with several units and the top slot is reserved for our only non-Linux box.

and

M11 said:
Linux Apache/2.0.49 (Unix) PHP/4.3.7 mod_ssl/2.0.49 OpenSSL/0.9.7a

fallsincluded- how did you change that ranking under your username? .... some people have n00bie, [H]Lite, Limp Gawd, Gawd, [H]ard Gawd, 2[H]4U, etc... how did you change yours?

He didn't change it, the Admins have to make the change and his was a 'Special Gift' from Kyle :p , who is the only title giver here :cool:

wayne said:
fallsincluded- how did you change that ranking under your username? .... some people have n00bie, [H]Lite, Limp Gawd, Gawd, [H]ard Gawd, 2[H]4U, etc... how did you change yours?

MajorDomo said:
He didn't change it, the Admins have to make the change and his was a 'Special Gift' from Kyle :p , who is the only title giver here :cool:
I see that lately titles are nowhere near as mean nor frequent like the old days.

M11 said:
I see that lately titles are nowhere near as mean nor frequent like the old days.

I belive if you have more than 1,000 posts or something, you can make your own custom name.

ComputerBox34 said:
I belive if you have more than 1,000 posts or something, you can make your own custom name.
Is it still 16384?

M11 said:
Yeah, I kinda miss that special touch Kyle used to dole out so frequently. I have seen at least one relative noob with a "custom" title, though.

lomn75 said:
Yeah, I kinda miss that special touch Kyle used to dole out so frequently. I have seen at least one relative noob with a "custom" title, though.
Think we'll ever start pwning ubernoobs again?

M11 said:

I'd ask for a title rape, but I know I'd regret it. Something about openly asking to be raped sounds too dangerous to try. ;)

I'd probably wake up to find myself with something under my username that I'd rather not have.

tim_m said:
continually divide it by 2. (aka 2^14, as are all the user ranks)
It's binary, beginning at 64 (I think).

Is that standard with vBulletin, or did the [H] add that in? Anyone know?

lorcani said:
It's binary, beginning at 64 (I think).

Is that standard with vBulletin, or did the [H] add that in? Anyone know?
of course it's binary, everyone knows that :p

it is a standard feature of most (not just vB) message boards to give users a title depending on the number of their posts. i don't know if vB comes with default post values but kyle obviously set what the titles would be and i assume that vB comes with different default numbers that powers of 2.

tim_m said:

Hey, I bet I could find at least 0011000100110000 members here that don't know what binary is. ;)

tim_m said:

it is a standard feature of most (not just vB) message boards to give users a title depending on the number of their posts. i don't know if vB comes with default post values but kyle obviously set what the titles would be and i assume that vB comes with different default numbers that powers of 2.
the values are not default

Back