gpu and voltmodding a 9200 ..plz help..

comet-fire

n00b
heya all **my first post** =)

i got myself a new computer today (2.8 xp,a7v600,9800pro) and now i have enough spare parts for another computer (1.7xp,a7n266,9200-128bit-64m) and i wanna overvolt the ram and gpu on the 9200 (bugger it huh they cheap as =), im fairly good with a soldering iron (allready gone nuts on the m/b for fsb mods) and was hopeing someone might have an idea on how to do it or maybe point to a site with some info??
thanks heaps in advance.!!!

heh btw its a gigsbyte radeon 9200 with tvo and dvi, model gv-r9264dh

**me smacks himself in head**

that info might help a bit .!!
thanks heaps again

hey i have a gigabyte 9200 too!! 128mb but i dont have the input output video thingy, mine has a fan and it used to overclock great!, but then i dont know why it started to really suck at overclocking, i suggest that you dont voltmod it because theres no need to, try and use powerstrip beacuse thats the only program that i know of that can overclock a 9200

thanks anyways but i have allready overclocked it from 250/400 to 315/495, i was hoping to squeeze a bit more out of it .!!

i have a volcano9 on the gpu and a chopped up old alpha p2 heatsink for the mem chips, looks pretty crazy and takes up 3 pci slots hehehe =)

looks like i gotta go in solo with the soldering iron, prolly gonna use the 9800 guide as a reference cause the regulator looks the same but i havent had a good look yet cause the card is still in the other computer

will post pics and info when i get it =)

Back