Good Tatical RTS

amdmadman

Gawd
I am looking for a good tatical RTS without star-force(so CDV titles are a no go )

Please help me out. Everytime i go to the store to buy nothing looks good

Thanks

I like Act of War, not sure if it has starforce or not or Command and Conquer Generals which doesn't

I like act of war also but i am so sick of building. I just want to have a set number of units and not worry about building

Civilization 4, you have some armies :D

ummmm, i been playing an old favorite - Star Wars Rebellion, but star wars empire at war is supposed to be the new version of that.

Rome Total War ?
Black and white 2 ?

The demo for Rise and Fall was good and there aren't too many structures you need to build.

Ground Control 2 is about year old and you don't have to build anything. All you do is attack and worry about how your going to attack. Its like playing Comand and Conqeor without building anything.

Hmm.. the game you might be looking to try out is called Nexus: the jupiter incident if you haven't played that one yet. It has a similar flavor to the homeworld series of games but you aren't doing all the harvesting of resources thing. Here's a link to gamespots coverage of it: Nexus. And if go to the DL's tab on their page you can get the demo to try out too. I liked it alot for it use of tactical command of capitol ships instead of having to keep track of multiple squadrons of strike crafts/bomber wings. Just straight up use of targeting indivdual enemy ships systems to disable/destroy then launching a small marine frigate for capturing, stuff like that.

matcauth said:
Hmm.. the game you might be looking to try out is called Nexus: the jupiter incident if you haven't played that one yet. It has a similar flavor to the homeworld series of games but you aren't doing all the harvesting of resources thing. Here's a link to gamespots coverage of it: Nexus. And if go to the DL's tab on their page you can get the demo to try out too. I liked it alot for it use of tactical command of capitol ships instead of having to keep track of multiple squadrons of strike crafts/bomber wings. Just straight up use of targeting indivdual enemy ships systems to disable/destroy then launching a small marine frigate for capturing, stuff like that.

Thanks never heard of that will check it out. Also thanks for all the good repleys and input. Nice to get input without all the hassle

plasma said:
Does anyone know if there are any good US civil war RTS games out there?

Yeah there is a good one out now but it is put out by CDV so it has star force on it otherwise i would have bought it.

hmm... i seem to get that error with all my RTS games, especially when a big map is in play...

Back