Good Reasonably Inexpensive Waterblock that Fits Socket A and A64 Sockets

I'm looking to build a new w/x system, but im stuck on which block to purchase. I want it to work with my current socket A (462), but i also want it to work with a socket 939 A64, so i dont need to buy a new block when i upgrade later on. Are there any such good performing blocks out there? The blocks must use 1/2 inch ID tubing or better.

Thanks for any help.

MCW6002 when it comes out, should be around $40 and will have cheap and interchangeable retention brackets. Plus it has excellent performance. Problem solved :D

Hmmm, i was under the impression that swiftech blocks didnt perform as well as or are as safe as the blocks made by danger den and such...

Bleh, nm, this block is 3/8. I'd only want 1/2 inch ID tubing :(. I did see a nice polarflow block, but its way too much at $79.99 USD.

EDIT: Found out that polarflow is having a nice sale...blocks are now 55.24 each.
Good deal for a good block?

I though the word inexpensive goes out the window when you have a water cooled system. Isn;t the whole point of water cooling to step up a level with top performance? :)

DarkenReaper57 said:
Hmmm, i was under the impression that swiftech blocks didnt perform as well as or are as safe as the blocks made by danger den and such...
Performance for the new one is right up there with the top blocks; WhiteWater, TDX, and MCW6000 are all pretty close. As for safe, it's all copper (no galvanic corrosion) and brazed together (no leaks).

It's rather restrictive tho, so if ur going to be using it in a restrictive setup (multiple blocks, watever) make sure u get a powerful pump.

Also, i'm not 100% certain, but i dont see any reason why u cant just go with a dangerden TDX (or RBX) for socket A, and whenever you plan to make the change to an A64, just get the respective top. it's just 11 bucks (+2 if you want the fittings installed)

Hadez026 said:
It's rather restrictive tho, so if ur going to be using it in a restrictive setup (multiple blocks, watever) make sure u get a powerful pump.

Also, i'm not 100% certain, but i dont see any reason why u cant just go with a dangerden TDX (or RBX) for socket A, and whenever you plan to make the change to an A64, just get the respective top. it's just 11 bucks (+2 if you want the fittings installed)

Ah, so i can get a socket A block, and then later on, get a top for another socket, and use that? Can anyone confirm this? Would this void the warrantee on the blocks tho, since im removing the lucite top?

Yeah, you can swap tops on RBX and TDX. The only warranty you void by opening the block is the leak-free guarantee. All other warranties still apply.

I've also seen where people did DYI adapters. A pair of polycarbonate triangles that bolt to the ends of a Socket A block and give AMD64 mounting holes.

DarkenReaper57 said:
Ah, so i can get a socket A block, and then later on, get a top for another socket, and use that? Can anyone confirm this? Would this void the warrantee on the blocks tho, since im removing the lucite top?

no, theyre made to come apart, mostly because they have interchangeable nozzles, and its good to clean your blocks every 6 months or so. they have a "warrenty void" sticker but theyve stated that they had a bunch of em and they were only put on so that theyd know (and you knew) that it was pressure-tested before coming to you

that right there is why swiftech sucks, because you cant take their blocks apart. O-rings forever, baby

DarkenReaper57 said:
Bleh, nm, this block is 3/8. I'd only want 1/2 inch ID tubing :(. I did see a nice polarflow block, but its way too much at $79.9

Well not actually, the mcw6000 is 3/8 but the 6002 is all 1/2inch you want it to be!

The Zalman block fits both out of the box and the Maze 4 can be easily modified. These are about your cheapest blocks from my experience (less than $50 Canadian a piece). Not the best performing, but quite competitive.

Back