good *quiet* socket A cooler?

Neoaether

Weaksauce
Hey guys, I'm currently using a Volcano9 on my AMD 2100 and it's loud as a vacuum cleaner. I'm wondering what I could buy that would be good cooler wise but more importantly quiet. I'm going water in a few months, but i dont mind shelling out the quick bucks to be able to sleep again

Thanks! :D

Oh, and I'm not necessarily worried about highend overclocking

Originally posted by anotherguy159
thermalright slk900
especially with a quiet fan since your not overclocking too much or whatever. great quiet cooling solution... slk-900a.

Another good choice would be the Cooler Master Aero 7+
$22.99 at SVC.com

It comes with a built in pot so you can even further silence the fan.

As you said your not going to be overclocking with this HSF so you might not need the high end SLK coolers.

I vote for thermaltake silent boost.

It cools pretty well, and is around 25db (virtually inaudible when case panel is on)

any thermalright cooler will do you fine. you can put a silent fan on it.

I second the Thermaltake Silent Boost. I just finished putting one in a system and was quite surprised by how well it cooled and by how quiet it was.

I third the Silent Boost. The thing cools as good as the Zalman I had, but it is quieter. And, when I did OC, it kept temps cool. I'm too much of wuss so I backed of the OC. But, my rig is still fast and quiet (Barton XP2500).

Volcano 12+ - Essentially the same as the Silent Boost, but with a bigger, more powerful fan on it (has speed control so you can turn it up when you are gaming and down when you want silence)

Another vote for the Silent boost. It cools pretty good and is quiet. You can get one around 25$ too , cant beat that.

The fan on the SilentBoost is a Panaflo L1A with modified fins on it. So you could get the boost, or you could get a thermalright with a panaflo fan - it would be virtually the same thing.

On the other hand, if you have mounting holes on your board I've heard good things about those zalman 7000 coolers...

My Zalman 7000Cu works like a charm, if OCing turn it up with the little remote and its still pretty quiet, and if not then turn it down and you pretty much can't hear it at all, the only pain was getting the damn thing on, ;p.

yea the thing is loud as a train but you can slow down the fan by plugging in smaller voltage 2 ur fan. there is tutorial out there on da web somewhere they teaches u how 2 make ur 5 volt fan run at 24 volts!! so you can surely make a higher volt run at lower

Back