Going to Europe. Bringing the laptop ad need an inverter

M

MrSmegzabush

Ok im going on a trip to europe in a few weeks and im taking my Toshiba Satellite S173 laptop to email back and such and i have a 3 questions

1) Is it safe to plug the laptop into an power converter for 220v to 110v for charge and use?

2) If so, what kind is a good one to get

3) Where are some good places to visit in western Europe if you know cause my itenerary is non-existant.

3) If you like medeval stuff, go to brouge (spelling could be off), and go see the tower of brouge. It was converted into a museum of the dress, armor, and such of the times. I wish I could go into more detail, but I was 10 when I was last there.

Also, if your in belgium, it might be worthwhile to see if you could get a tour of Chimay brewery. Very good ales made there, very, very good ales...

Actually belgium as a whole is nice, jsut be careful of your belongings while in brussels. Theft there is very high.

Most laptop power adapters will work straight from 220vac with just a plug adapter. Check the label, it should say something like "Input : 100-240V" - no use paying more than you need to. :)

I went to greece last month, all i needed was a plug adapter, my AC-DC inverter works with 120 or 220, says right on the unit.

CzarDestructo said:
I went to greece last month, all i needed was a plug adapter, my AC-DC inverter works with 120 or 220, says right on the unit.

basically what that pdf points out,
though a power conditioning solution would be a good idea
and plug adapters

Have I mentioned that your nic makes me nervous :p

heh, when i first plugged it in i closed my eyes and jammed it into the wall,i didn't trust it much ;)

it worked just fine for my three week stay though, leaving the laptop on 24/7 for unloading all my pictures. i almost bought a transformer instead.

i have a DFI lanparty NFII ultra and a gig of Geil ultra ram in it hanging on my wall, says enough about my name :)

and,no,i refuse to tell the story!

CzarDestructo said:

Hell now that you mention it so does mine... im going to order a plug tonight. I guess them laptop pple were thinking that their laptops might just go outside of the US. I guess thats why they get payed the big bucks. Now i just gotta find a place to get one. thanks for the help all. and keep your responses to #3 coming. That would be the biggest help of all.

be careful, every country uses something different. also,the adapters are hard to find to support a three prong US plug. furthermore, most are cheap and don't acomdate the enlarged prong so you might have to grind down the prong or bend the adapter.

personally i found an all in one thing at a local village store once i got there and jammed the friggin plug in because i didn't have the patience :)

godspeed!

Back