goback and xp:not a good mix!

Nut_Case

n00b
i've tried to install goback several times with no luck. every time it gets past the goback splash screen the system locks up (just a black screen)everytime. i used it (different version) on my older system, windows me, with no problem whatsoever. this is a brand new pc i built myselt with a fresh install so there is no other version of goback on this system. anyone else had any problems with it? luckly was was able to get in windows safe mode every time and successfully uninstall this piece of crap! this is the one that comes bundled with norton system works =(

1024MB (2X512) Geil Ultra DDR400 memory CAS 2-3-3-6 1T
Hitachi Deskstar 80GB Serial ATA Hard Drive 7200 RPM,8MB Buffer, 8.5 Seek Time.
Lite-On CDROM/CDR/CDRW 52X32X52
Intergrated Sound
Chieftec Infinity Case
PowerUp 400 Watt Power Supply
Samsung SyncMaster 17" Flat Screen CRT
Windows XP Home Edition OEM

Why even bother with GoBack?

Windows XP has System Restore built in. Its functionally the same as GoBack and is already built into and completely integrated with the OS!

To install another application of system restore, you first should disable the default MS version. I think that would be the problem without knowing any more of the details.

I have Norton SystemWorks 2003 Pro that has GoBack on it and I installed it just fine on my Win XP Pro system. I had no problems whatsoever installing it. My system isn't anything great that's for sure. Here's what I'm running...

Duron 900mhz
256MB RAM (Generic)
Chaintech Mobo (I forget which one at the moment)
Maxtor 40GB 7200RPM HD
GeForce 2 MX 32MB
LG CD-RW Drive
Compaq CD drive

My system isn't that great but like I said I had no problems installing GoBack on my system and I am running Win XP Pro.

I thougt that too, so I disabled system restore and it did the same thing, so I don't think that is the problem. Using system restore.

Back