Gigabyte GA-7VAXP - good board??

Reichelent

n00b
I just purchased a slitely used Gigabyte GA-7VAXP board, AMD XP-1600 CPU and Crucial 512 MB PC2100 for $125.00. Is this a good board and did I do ok on price? Any thoughts?

I have used that board in the past.......lost it along with a Ti4800 when my PSU shocked my rig. It was a decent board......not the best on the market. You did get a pretty good price with the MOBO, CPU, and RAM. Fire that thing up and let us know how it runs for you.

BTW.....welcome to the [H]

Older board, no major complaints here....

except.....

as you'll see on the upper right hand corner, there are a bunch of pinouts for flashcard readers..... a very nice feature, if you can find the part that accepts the media foryour drive bay.... which i have never seen..

I've used that board for a Barton 2500, it did fine, no problems with it, I just switched to intel. The board's in one of my servers now.

i have one as we speak. no prob what so ever. not very oc friendly. but stable. and the dual bios makes you feel safe and secure.

Got the Ultra version of it, and it's a great board. Again, not much at all for overclocking, but otherwise a solid pick.

Back