Gigabit routers??

Hom@R

Limp Gawd
Does anybody know if there are any gigabit routers for home use available yet? I have searched newegg and they don't have anything, I also searched the net with Google and can't find anything there either. The only thing I can come up with are the Cisco 12000 series, albeit cool are a little excessive for my home network. :D

Hom@r pull the trigger on an AMD64 and a new video card. The wife doesn't need to know it will be our little secret.

Hey [Butt] Pirate I am working on my drives right now, just pulled the trigger on a Maxtor SATA drive, will get another one and run RAID shortly. :cool:

Any ideas on the router?

Thanks for the response Flagg, but I am looking for a router, not a switch.

I'd ask what do you need a gigabit router for?

If you had an OC3/155Mbit ATM fiber coming to your house, then you might see some benifit going beyond 100mbits. A 100 mbit network is more than adequate for a T3 (which is 30x the bandwidth of a T1)

If you really want to, get a 1 port router and add a gigabit switch to it.

why not just get gigabit switch and a 1port cable/dsl router and up link the router into the switch?

So you want:
Code:
          1000TX      1000TX      <10Mb
{computer} --> {switch}--->{router}--->{internet}

Can I ask why?

I'd ask what do you need a gigabit router for?

Really just to be cool. :cool:

Actually I have a router with 4 10/100 ports and was just thinking hmmm, if I had a gigbit router that would be really cool. A switch technically would be ok, but I like having one piece of equipment. It kinda became more of a curiosity at the point that I couldn't find one.

~$200 4 to 8 port Gig switches are nice for local file transfers and network attached storage.

I routinely copy 8 to 13 gig files between computers, and having a local gig switch really cuts down the copy time. But there is about zero need for an all in one integrated router that goes over 100mbits (or even 10 mbits for that matter)

Unless of course you have a fiber line, in which case ya go for the $60,000 to $200,000 Cisco ;)

Originally posted by Hom@R
Hey [Butt] Pirate I am working on my drives right now, just pulled the trigger on a Maxtor SATA drive, will get another one and run RAID shortly. :cool:

Any ideas on the router?

Hom@r you are a "cock taco" LOL j/k

Dude did you "aquire" Vietcong yet?

Hom@r you are a "cock taco" LOL j/k

LOL you saque. No I have not acquired that game yet. I have ordered a new hard drive. My package is being handled as I type.:cool:

Back