General memory question

towert7

2[H]4U
Hello, im thinking of getting an amd64 3500+ 939pin, and the motherboard supports Dual Channel Memory (asus A8V i think).

I plan on using this computer for games, school work, and digital photo editing stuff, like photoshop or scanning high res images. This means im going to need quite a bit of memory, and i was hoping to go with 2gig's.

My question, is: "Will there by any problems going with a Twin pair of 2x1024mb Corsair XMS pro? Will there by much performance diffrence between the twin 2x1024 and say a twin 2x512mb Corsair XMS pro C2?"

~Thanks

Actually, i read another post, and some people were saying there were no problems with 2x1024 or 2gb of ram.

^_^

There shouldnt be any problems, the only negative is the high price for 1 gig sticks and the high latencies that are asociated with 1 gig sticks

you said it, the darn things cost about 380$US more then 2x512mb :BLAGH: :eek:

I wouldnt waste my money on 2 gigs over 1.5 gigs. its just SO much more expensive.

Yea, but thank goodness the money i spend will not be wasted.

When a high res scan takes up 700mb of memory, it makes 1gb seem like just enough to get by. Ive been running my 4 year old dell with 786mb of ram for 3 years now. Im actually surprised we have'nt seen RAM spikes yet. I was expecting computers to be running about 50gb of ram, with 64bit technology and large ram sticks.

Oh well, i think ive decided to fork over the money, and go with 2gigs. That way, if i ever decide to... i can just plop 2 more 1gb sticks into the computer. (if it ever comes to that).

~Thanks

Back