GeForce4 Ti4200 V9280 TD Problems

mr_pollock

n00b
I am experiencing the following problem while using my computer, with this set-up:

3.06 GHz PENTIUM 4 WITH HYPER THREADING TECHNOLOGY
1024 MB PC 2700 CRUCIAL RAM
120 GB WESTERN DIGITAL HDD 7200RPM 2MB CACHE
ASUS GeForce4 Ti4200 128 MB V9280 TD
S.B. LIVE! SOUND BLASTER SOUND CARD
D-LINK GIGABIT ETHERNET NETWORKING CARD
52x24x52x LITE-ON CD-RW DRIVE
12X DVD-ROM

I am 99% positive that the problem is with the ASUS GeForce4 Ti4200 128 MB V9280 TD

While using the computer, under regular circumstances, such as internet browsing, the monitor will go blank. The monitor is not turning off, it is just losing the picture. I know that the problem is not my monitor, because I have tried the same computer with 3 different monitors. There is no given time to expect that the screen turn blank. It may happen within 15 minutes from turning the computer on, or may take 2 hours for the screen to go blank. The applications on the computer are still running, as when I have had music playing, it will still be playing after the screen goes blank.

I have tried different driver versions as well, and this has not helped either.

Has anyone experienced this type of a problem? Or should I just RMA/Exchange it right away?

well I used to have the V9280S and never had anything like that happen, I would RMA it but after making sure it aint Windows doing a random monitor power saving thing... Just a thought

Good luck and hope you get it sorted out m8e

Back