GA-7DXE gigabyte

DeFex

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - June 2011
OK heres the story

Friend of mine (used to be a co worker) works for ATI and was sent to europe for his work.

he was going to sell his computer to his brother for $250CDN but his brother is all like "you got that shit for free so you should give it to me for free"

he says STFU and sold it to me out of spite :) . the reason i bought it was because it had a radeon 9800 256 with DDR2 (supposedly only 1000 or so ever made?)

anyhow ever since i got it i have never even booted it up, just took out the card and left it there :)

I decided since my ISP is increasing my UL speed to 800k next month (no data limit) i will run a bf1942 server and that would be a perfect box for it, it has an athlon 1.4 on it and 512 DDR and decent hdd .

ok that was long winded..the real question. I dont know shit about gigabyte or AMD cpus, i have looked up the max CPU for that board
(latest bios update) and it says

Support AMD 2200+\2000+ (FSB266) CPU (AXDC2200DUV3C/AXDC2000DUV3C)

does that mean the 2200 is the best one i can put in there?

and if so do i just go in and ask for an "amd athlon 2200"

sorry im such a AMD n00b but what can u do :)

anyways remember its for a bf1942 server so i dont want it to suck for my "customers"

finding a CPU is not the problem, I just want to make sure that if i buy a "2200+" there are not different kinds.

whats the actual speed of "2200+" anyways and can it be oc safely on that board?

my last 2 CPU were p4 1.6(currently at 2.3) and p4 2.4 (currently at 3.45) both stable for months. can i expect anything from a "2200+" ? or just leave it stock?

Thank you for spotting that. I was just looking at their bios update readme file :)

(duh)

Back