g9x: Major jitter on lift off (Defective?)

Vampyre777

n00b
Please see my 2 min video showing my problem. There is also a comparison to the g500 that does not have this issue. Any suggestions? Do I have a defective g9x? Both these mice are a fresh out of the box. Latest drivers installed to windows 7 x64 amd firmware is 58.18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDuAuQ7hEiU

This happens on any surface I use the mouse on. And happens weather I have the g500 plugged in or not and it happens on another computer with xp with out the setpoint drivers installed.

Thanks for looking.

The G9x and G500 use the same sensor, so this should not be happening.

It may in fact be defective. :(

The G9x and G500 use the same sensor, so this should not be happening.

It may in fact be defective. :(

yeay thats what im thinking. Love the feel of the g9x for my fingertip grip. I played with it for 8 hours yesterday and no cramps in my hand/wrist. The g500 on the other hand after 8 hours on a different day my wrist and hand was hurting a bit. I think its cause my fingers sit up a bit more and the body is not as wide on the grip on the g500 vs the lower/wider profile of the g9x. I was using the wide grip on the 9. my finger to thumb distance is about 4.6 on the g500 and just under 5 inches on the g9x wide grip.

I got the 9 in my car and will exchange it at lunch and report back with what the new one does.

Last edited:
well I exchanged the g9x for a new one at a different store and the new one is doing the EXACT SAME THING!!! O o_O :mad: :eek: :confused:

So is anyone else having this problem? I really like the g9x but this problem is a deal breaker as when you lift the mouse to move it back to center for w/e reason the entire game jitters all over the place.

Is it possible Logitech are using both Philips and Avago sensors?

So I went back to BB and picked up a 3rd g9x. I am very happy to report that this one works 100% and stops signal at 1 cd thickness. Three times the charm. Also I did not pick a mouse at the back of the shelf this time I took the one right out front.

About the 2nd one. Logitech did offer to replace it under warranty after talking through e-mail. Very painless process. Props to logitech for standing by there product in a very timely manner.

So yeay this mouse is not suppose to do what it was doing in that video.

Here is a video of the working one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Mlo_kPYkoU

Saw your other thread, good review.

Sounds like IanM is right - there may be G9X's out there with the phillips sensor... not good.

I am very happy to report that this one works 100% and stops signal at 1 cd thickness...
Thanks for your persistence and report back :) I was seriously considering trying a TactX until I saw this thread, but will put it back on my wish list now.

I just picked up a g9x from best buy (to replace a broken g9) and I'm not having this problem at all.

Back