G30D3ZicR1G

un4saken

n00b
Hey guys ... this is the latest think that i spent my free time on.

I looked around about 4 months back and noticed that noone has a spherical case ... well ... i din't want to make a ball eider so i looked around the internet for shapes simmilar to spheres.

And i decided to make my case be a 2 frequency Icosahedral Geodesic Sphere, for those of you that don't know what this is : ... a sphere made out of 80 triangles.

I worked on this for about 3 months ... and this week i finaly finished it and i attended the Westlane Lan Party VI, in Niagara Falls, Ontario, with this case ... everyone was quite surprized to see that i came op with.

Well .. here is a picture i took durring the Lan Party.

Pic70.jpg

If you guys want to see the work log Please click HERE

As soon as i take some more pics i will put them up for all to see.

Nice case, only because it's unique and odd looking. Sorry, but I"m robbed of words to describe what I feel about it.. hehe.

Nice headphones, what kind are they?

I love it. Most original case in a long time, and it would seem the most work put in.

There's one problem, you have a beautiful aluminum case made out of 80 triangles, but the stand is simple rectangle wood.

Nice man! You made Bucky's Ball!

Either that or you're one serious 7 Days fan...

About the stand .... i was in a hurry because i wanted to have the case with me at that LAN Party!

I i will make another stand for it!

I still have to work on some things inside it ! ... like the automated oppening mechanism ... as you can imagine ... i have to oppen the case to be able to access the CD-ROM drive!

very kewl looking, toss some paint on it and it will look even better..cheers for good work.

Originally posted by Highlife
very kewl looking, toss some paint on it and it will look even better..cheers for good work.

NO!
I dont think he made it out of such a beautiful material just to cover it up! take some polishing compound after it and show the ppl why you made it out of that material!

Here are some more Pics i tool ... befost i made that ubly stand for it!

When other people took a look at these they started laughing saying that i will ring the bucket with me at the lan party.

As you can see ... that hase wasn't done my than ... but it's pointless to put more pics now ... it looks thesame from wherever you take the picture ...

Pic65.jpg

Pic66.jpg

Pic67.jpg

Pic68.jpg

it looks great! but i think you could polish it up a lil and it would add tons to the wow factor

how do you disassemble it??

Are those triangles epoxy'd together? It looks a little sloppy, or it may just be the pics :(

Well ... all the triangles are glued on a wooden structure ... i didn't had time to make it out of something else.

The structure oppens in half from the equator of the case.

And about the look .... i didn't had time to put a clear cote on ... i finished glueing the triangles a day before the LAN Party that i attended.

But here are some pictures of the wooden structure:

Pic45.jpg

Pic53.jpg

Originally posted by heyheyhey
It looks better in just the wooden structure IMO.

I thought the same thing, paint the wood as best you can and that would do it. Either way very nice job.

Doesn't look like there is much airflow or cooling, what sort of temps is it running at?

Originally posted by Nohpys
Doesn't look like there is much airflow or cooling, what sort of temps is it running at?

The case is running at room temperature. And the CPU is about 3 or 4 degreez C above the room temp, depending on the load.

At the buttom of the case there is a 120 mm fan that pushes 130 cfm. I made airducts inside, that takes the air directly to the PCU heatsink, VGA Heatsink and the PSU.

All the air in the case is replased by new air every 3 or 4 seconds. I don't really know any other case that has that kind of airflow.

Of corse there is the thing that the air intake is on the buttom and the air exost is on the top, hot air rizes and it creates a natural airflow even with the intake fan off.

Here is another pic i made about 3 days ago.

case4.jpg

I will post again some more pics on Sunday. This friday i am attending a LAN Party in Fiagara Falls, And that is when i am going to make my latest mod to this case official to everybody. You'll see what mod i made on Sunday.

Back