funny far cry story

So my 8 year old son says he is ready to step up from the PS2 and try a PC game, he said he wanted to play far cry. So I set him up with god mode and all the weapons and ammo, gave him a rundown and he was off to the races... 30 minutes later I check up on him and his god mode counter was at 900+, hahaha, it was so funny. I asked him, so how are you doing? he says man this is an awsome game! at first I didnt have the heart to tell him how many times he died but at dinner he was bragging to his younger brother about how great he is at that game and I had to let him in on the lowdown... he didnt like that one bit, but now I have a problem, he wont leave me alone about playing the game, he even offered me his weekly allowence. ha ha ha what a day!

Shit your son is offering u money to play thats pretty funny. Take him up on that offer and save up his allowance and buildem a decent gaming rig. If he is 8 I don't think he gets much off an allowance but come on you can be the nice dad and put money towards it.

Thats a good idea, I already started saving his allowence. I'll let him play on my machine more often and see if he gets into it.

I'm in the same situation with my brother and sisters... They like playing Morrowind, Oblivion, UT2004, some other games, but dammit, then I never get to use my computer. :p So I recently ended up building a new computer for all of them and splitting the cost with one of my sisters and my parents.

One of my fondest memories growing up with my dad was working on computers with him. I guess it was kind of like restoring a car. My father is a Marine so he was gone a good bit of my childhood, however I always remember working on computers with him. He got me setup with my first BBS. One of his returns he brought back a whooping 1200 baud modem, that was fast then ;).

well the plans are in effect, his mother is going to pitch in if we dont get enough saved. I let him in on the plan and he has been tooling around his machine(its an old p2 with w98) getting a feel for things.
This was such a great idea, thanks fellas

Blakestr said:
It begins.

Shit my boy started mousing around in Q3A at just over 3yrs old. He is now 6.5 and plays Far Cry, Q4, and HL2 almost on a daily basis AFTER doing any homework. He actually can beat level 3 bots in Q3A, and in online FC games he is never in last place, even manages to catch some n00bs occasionally and win one here and there.

He has my "old" rig which is a Soltek SFF with an S754 A64 3000+, a gig of ram, Radeon XT800PE video card, dvd burner and 200gb hard drive. A good old fashioned flat screen 17" CRT handles his display needs although I am going to get him an LCD for his birthday in August. For now, everything works great at 1024x768 with 2x AA.

He gets good grades in school, plays baseball (T-ball ATM), is well adjusted and has great manners, non violent, so don't some of you guys go telling me games make kids violent! :p

That kid has a better system than me.

It's like a woman that has a bigger penis than me. :(

solideliquid said:
Can I quote you on that?

If by "Quote" you mean "Sig", sure.

But if you mean "Quote" as in, you find a woman with an abnormally large penis, and you want to hold what i said against me, then no.

And someone should send me computer parts so it's not true much longer. -nod nod-

TheRapture said:
Shit my boy started mousing around in Q3A at just over 3yrs old. He is now 6.5 and plays Far Cry, Q4, and HL2 almost on a daily basis AFTER doing any homework. He actually can beat level 3 bots in Q3A, and in online FC games he is never in last place, even manages to catch some n00bs occasionally and win one here and there.

He has my "old" rig which is a Soltek SFF with an S754 A64 3000+, a gig of ram, Radeon XT800PE video card, dvd burner and 200gb hard drive. A good old fashioned flat screen 17" CRT handles his display needs although I am going to get him an LCD for his birthday in August. For now, everything works great at 1024x768 with 2x AA.

He gets good grades in school, plays baseball (T-ball ATM), is well adjusted and has great manners, non violent, so don't some of you guys go telling me games make kids violent! :p
my 2yr old nephew loves to play games too, I've only just come home from work and he's shouting "Game, Game". I bought him a wireless joypad for my old X-Box so he can sit down play some games without me worrying about him accidently pulling on the cable and knocking the console off the shelf when he gets up and walks away carrying the joypad...

Fistandantilis said:
So my 8 year old son says he is ready to step up from the PS2 and try a PC game, he said he wanted to play far cry. So I set him up with god mode and all the weapons and ammo, gave him a rundown and he was off to the races... 30 minutes later I check up on him and his god mode counter was at 900+, hahaha, it was so funny. I asked him, so how are you doing? he says man this is an awsome game! at first I didnt have the heart to tell him how many times he died but at dinner he was bragging to his younger brother about how great he is at that game and I had to let him in on the lowdown... he didnt like that one bit, but now I have a problem, he wont leave me alone about playing the game, he even offered me his weekly allowence. ha ha ha what a day!

That's a great story man. A lot of times my son (14 months) will sit in my lap and watch the game while i play. I play NHL06 with him, and he loves laying on the analog stick for autodeke so the player just keeps spinning around in circles.

I was forced to build my daughter a PC...between homework, MSN, and the Sims2, I would never have seen my computer...

Seeing as I get alot of old computer parts from clients, I was able to assemble a pretty good PC for her...P43.0, 6800GT, 2gb RAM, 250 gb IDE HDD, CM Wavemaster case, modded of course, Dell 17" LCD...

It works pretty good...I'm just waiting to see if any of my clients are getting rid of 7900 GTX's for me!!! LOL

VolvoR said:

You kids have "old" computers in the range I'm thinking about upgrading to.
(I have a first-generation P4 xeon 2.8 and a radeon 9800. A Geforce 6800 would make a fairly nice difference, and I wouldn't complain over another Gb of ram, either.)

Work hard, play nice, and one day you too could call those "old" computers...!!!

My son just turned 3 two weeks ago. Since he was about 2-1/2 or earlier he's been playing Ultimate Spiderman on my PC using a game-pad. That, and Need for Speed Underground (1, 2, and Most Wanted) with a racing wheel.

He loves it. Spiderman is great because he can just run around the city, swinging on webbing and stuff like that. NFS is great because of the no damage effects.

Great non-violent games for his young mind to absorb.

He does /watch/ sometimes when I'm playing CoD2 or other shooters and asks to play those, but for now those are off-limits.

He has his own old rig too, just waiting to be set atop a new desk, NOTHING like the old system some of y'all are talking about though!

Hah..seriously..all these computers that you guys are building for your kids are better than most gamers on [H].

I built my little sister a comptuer as a present for her going off to college in the fall
It was a 754 3200+, 1GB of ram, a 36GB Raptor, 300GB data drive, 9800AIW, DVD+-RW, and dual 17" LCD's

She is just now starting to use it for video editing, for the most part it was used to surf the net and talk on AIM

Haha, both of my kids have their own computers and they're only 5 and 3. Their systems consist of: XP 2100+ / 9800 pro and a XP 1800+ / 9700 pro. Both have 17" monitors and optical meeces. :) I got into serious trouble with the wife though when we were all playing UT2004 together. She kicked my ass inside out. Guess I cant blame her though, it's prolly not the best thing for their little playdough minds.

Booby McNipples said:
Haha, both of my kids have their own computers and they're only 5 and 3. Their systems consist of: XP 2100+ / 9800 pro and a XP 1800+ / 9700 pro. Both have 17" monitors and optical meeces. :) I got into serious trouble with the wife though when we were all playing UT2004 together. She kicked my ass inside out. Guess I cant blame her though, it's prolly not the best thing for their little playdough minds.

Did you explain to her that right now is the only time you will be able to win against them. In a few years they will be kicking your butt at FPS. ;)

Back