Free Windoze XP SP2 CD from M$

I got my cd already wow that was fast...I don;t even think it was a full working week.

I just took about 5 from Best Buy Today. They look like the AOL/Earthlink Paperboard Disc Cases.

I ordered this the first day it was posted here and I just got it today. I'm in Brisbane, Australia so it still applies to international people (I've only ever gotten two other things in the 1yr I've been visiting here, one of them being XPSP1 on CD and the other being those NASA posters).

Interestingly enough, whilst XPSP1 was shipped from Sydney, Australia this one was sent from Hong Kong so it truely was an international shipping, declaration sticker and all. Apparently it weighs 44 grams and it's value is $35 USD. ;)

I got mine a couple days ago.. much easier than downloading the entire 200MB update for each computer. I guess I could have downloaded the 'network install' and burned it .. but I'd rather make MS pay for some of my troubles :)

I got mine, and oh what perfect timing, right after i reinstalled XP and as soon as i installed my drivers of the disc That came in the mail.

p1g said:
I got mine, and oh what perfect timing, right after i reinstalled XP and as soon as i installed my drivers of the disc That came in the mail.

That is how I always do it.

compslckr said:
thanks, even though i already downloaded it, but hey, CDs from micrioft always look official

Haha, yeah right, this disc is probably a Verbatim Datamax.

I saw a picture where someone apparently found a way to order hundreds of these.

He had two huge garbage bags full of them. I guess he thought he would punish Microsoft... :rolleyes:

Back