Free Mag Monday? G[H]ey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

-=FNW=-j@br0n1

Weaksauce
Anyone else feel that the "Free IT magazines" are getting old? I mean, it used to be that Kyle and Steve carefully picked only advertising that was from reputable companies that had been investigated and approved.

1. The companies are just itchin' to spam you to death:

17. Would you like to receive free product information and special promotional offers from the technology industry's leading vendors via email?

Would you like to receive EMAIL notices of other print or online publications from TradePub.com?

Would you like to receive relevant information from TradePub.com on behalf of third party businesses/organizations?

(for the record, there were 3 other "can we spam you?" questions in the same form)

Now what do you think the default answer is to each?

2. The magazines don't show up. I subscribed to 3, got a confirmation and none of them showed up. BTW - yes, I "qualify".

3. I hate being used for a buck. That blows big time. From the main advertisi...oops, I mean "trade magazine" site:

Immediately establish an incremental revenue stream to further extract value from your audience

Yea, well I hate "incrementally" being bothered so someone else can spam me, not deliver what they said they would, and smile as if to say "What a favor I'm doing you!".

Why go through all the effort of only having "good" companies' banner ads if you're going to turn around and bombard us every week with this half-hearted crap?

Can we stop the "Trade Publications" thing, please? That's all I'm asking!

j

hot deals isn't the place for this... send kyle an email if you have a complaint, it's a more direct and effective way to get in contact with him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back