Free Linux (Linspire)

Okay I took this from kevin rose so you should go there and thank him, not me. (but he got it from someone else so go find them to offer thanks).

So anyway, how to get it.

1. go to linspire.com
2. click on products
3. click "buy Linspire"
4. choose Linspire 4.5 (for $49.99)
5. click "buy now"
6. click "apply coupon" and enter "deviant9" (without quotes).
7. checkout....

Okay you have to sign up like you would for anything you buy for $49.99, so they ask for email and some other stuff.
But this is a working download of the OS, and there are rumours of thier tech support actually honoring it.

So in review, you get Linspire (formerly Lindows) for free, its a download from thier site, or if you want you can get the $59.99 retail sent to you (not sure if shipping is included) but after coupon its $10.00. So get what you want.

ONLY KNOWN PROBLEM, its a download from thier site and they have a waiting list, it was 90 yesterday, now its up to 300+, it moves quickly enough but I recommend getting on this before they figure out whats going on.

Okay its the 49.95 version, and when I say the waiting list is 300+ it is, but it drops you down about 8 spots a minute so its not such a long wait. Another problem is that when you get the pop up for the download, you have 30mins to activate (start) download or you loose your spot in line. All this will be explained as you go through the steps above.

I seen this on SlickDeals before it was on Kevin's site, great find.

You can probably download the ISO off any P2P network... no I'm not saying you should illegally pirate the software (I know someone will point this out).

it comes up as a direct download or a FTP download, well I just got rid of my FTP program (anyone want to recommend one?) so I choose direct download. Heads up guys this will take about 3 hours, so I and they recommend the faster FTP download.

ninethreeeleven said:
it comes up as a direct download or a FTP download, well I just got rid of my FTP program (anyone want to recommend one?) so I choose direct download. Heads up guys this will take about 3 hours, so I and they recommend the faster FTP download.
c:\ftp ... old school, but effective :D

Back