Free BSD Ati Tv Card

Access_Denied

Limp Gawd
Running FreeBSD 5.2.1. Got an Ati Tv Card Wonder Ve ( or i think that's the model number on it). Needing some help, or pointed in the right direction on getting this card to work under fbsd. I've check FBSD's website, and they had some information on tv cards, but nothing about ATI's tv card. Nothing on Ati's website. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
James

Don't expect any ATI hardware to work on a Free OS. ATI doesn't really care about supporting the Free OS community so any drivers that exist are going to be hacked-together, reverse engineered bits, and they're generally on Linux, not FreeBSD.

Don't know much about your card, but I wouldn't expect you'll find anything usable.

I got my TV Wonder VE working in Linux. Its just a BT878 chipset, which is pretty common. I think you can even use drivers for a BT848 card, which is even more common. I've never tried FreeBSD, so I can't help you with that.

If it really is a Brooktree-based card you should be able to get it working somehow with FreeBSD. I've never done video-capture with FreeBSD (or anything else), though.

Dig through the newsgroups and BSD mailing lists. It's been covered quite well in both places.

Back