FREE Anarchy Online "basic" until 2006

kush

[H]ard|Gawd
Linkage

Funcom/AO started a promo a few days back giving away the "basic" game client, and access until 01/06, I think..Basic meaning none of the expansions (Notum Wars, Shadowlands, Alien Invasion)..Catch is, of course, no expansions, offer "may end @ any time if it disrupts play experience of paying customers", and if you wish to upgrade, you not only have to pay for the boxed exp pack/dl pack, but pay the regular monthly fees (ranging from $12 or $13/ month-month, to $8 on the 12 month upfront plan).
[edit] ps - It is a torrent based 817mb download [/edit]
[edit2] pps - Offer good until Jan. 15th, and I suggest NOT using the standard BT client linked on the AO page - check out the Azureus Sourceforge page, if you don't mind Java, it allows UL/DL throttling, or one of many other good BT clients [/edit2]

For those that may have played in the past but stopped (like me - had like 7 toons before, more than half @ or above 150 :p - yes I played the game ALOT!), you probably won't be able to upgrade using your old exp keys - I tried w/ my SL box key, but seems my info/key is still in the system, so no way for me to check out if I could sidestep the software/access fee for upgrades.

Me and a couple of my colleagues already signed up. Great stuff for free. What more can you want?!

What more could I want?...
1) Free WoW access - in my dreams! :p
2) Some of my old guild mates to logon - they're still in the org database @ AO.com, but noones logged on in the 2 days or so I've been signed up. Nor my RL buddy who was the guild leader..Used to have nice raid/defense/ $$ and blitz teams going there. I can't imagine EVERYONE (over 100 toons, probably 50-75 actual) ditched AO (and/or went to WoW?)..

Kinda sucks not having access to any of the exp packs - alot of the really good weapons/armor/etc are in NW/SL/perhaps AI..And it *sucks* trying to get good stuff without the help of guild mates or my old high level alts w/ wads of credits. But it will keep me going until I get off my ass and actually get my copy of WoW.

Back