Foward on busy?

Carp

Limp Gawd
Hey all! I have a question about phones. Most providers offer a foward on busy service which fowards a call to another number when yours is busy. I was wondering how Callwave Internet Answering Machiene knows what number hte fowarded users are calling? I though it was by caller ID, but that doesnt make sence:

FRIEND > calls me when number is busy > fowarded to callwave > HOW DOES CALLEAVE KNOW THEY CALLED ME?

Any information is appreciated, Thanks!

- Kevin

I'm not quite sure I follow your question but if I do the anwser is: that most systems show the original caller's ID when fowarding the call to another destination.

so if i have foward on busy, when someone calls me, and its busy they are fowarded, the place they are fowarded to gets my callerID info rather than theres?

Thats the way it use to work. I think I understand now, I'd visit for howstuffworks for a actual awnser. What I believe is that caller ID is actual signal that is fowarded with the call, however it is possible to tell what was the calls original destination. I'm not that deep into the telephone system works.

I know with some of these forwarding services they forward to a voicemail account. Then you get a message (e-mail or IM) that says you have a call, and then you have to click on the link to hear the message and find out who it was.

Originally posted by Party2go9820
I know with some of these forwarding services they forward to a voicemail account. Then you get a message (e-mail or IM) that says you have a call, and then you have to click on the link to hear the message and find out who it was.

That is something different. I am trying to find out how the callerID info is sent to the new destination after being fowarded.

Back