For all the Complaining…Dell comes through.

olaf2821

[H]ard|Gawd
I have noticed a lot of complaining about Dell lately, and a lot of it is probably justified. I did think I should share the overwhelmingly positive experience with them that I had though. My i8200 died, I figured it was the mainboard, called up and was notified I had next-day onsite supprt (guess I forgot about that) a tech came out and in fifteen minutes had my laptop fixed. When I checked the machine, I realized I now have a 2.2GHz P4-M instead of the 1.6 I had. I'm sure they just can't get the parts anymore, but just the same great job all the way, I sure am happy.

well glad that worked out for ya now re-sell it while you have the chance :)

Glad things went well. I've had 2 encounters with Dell. Once in September when my hard-drive died. This was when they had tech support from India, and, as usual, I spent over 2 hours on the phone getting redirected, 1 hour on the phone trying to get the replacement and still afterwards, I received an incorrect hard-drive (4500 rpm as opposed to 5400 rpm...wtf was that about).

Then my CD-ROM drive started to go bad in December. At that time I read Dell had just gotten rid of their Indian tech support recently. When I called Dell, a friendly tech lady greeted me, spent 15 min on the phone and the next day I had a new CD-ROM drive for my notebook. Good stuff if you ask me.

Dell tried the cheaper route of moving it's main tech support to India where the labor cost is rock bottom. They hired english speaking help desk personnel, but unfortunately two things happened....one was no one could understand the Indian version of English and they were caught in the roundup of large American companies exporting their labor to 3rd world nations. With the customer satisfaction beginning to nosedive and the spotlight on them for moving to India, they had no choice but to correct the situation and bring back tech support to the USA, higher labor costs and all. They need to hang a big picture of a Packard-Bell computer in the Executive Offices to remind them of what happens when you shortcut your customers. ;)

Yeah, what ever happened to Packard-Bell. I had a great experience with Dell tech support and the Return department, I actually had a conversation with the Return guy. I just could not get over the problems my system had. Yeah, They sent me a new drive ASAP, but it was refurbished and my system was 2 weeks old.

If you have onsite, they ROCK.

IF not, then it's mixed. I had no trouble getting my repair (new screen) scheduled, and the box to send it in, but it took them a month to get it back (screen backordered). If I had had onsite, I would have been able to keep the lappy till they got the screen back in stock.

From everybody that I know, they have had a good experience with the tech support.

One of my friend's got the Axim and they forgot the memory card for it when he got it. So he called them up and they shipped it right away. He got it in a few days. No problems at all.

outsourcing to india.. what a joke. i'm glad they dont send your phonecalls to india no more..

you pay nuts you get monkeys..

my dell 600m is arriving tmr, with 3yrs next business day onsite.. last thing i want to do is getting mental agony from talking to dell's tech support

Back