first time mod: ammo box

y_T

Weaksauce
Man I salute you just for FOLLOWING through with your mod. I have about 2 or 3 of my "first mod" cases that I bought and "modded" sitting in my room. AHAHAHAHA modded my ass. I messed them up so bad, I dared not put anything in them.

You have a lot more respect for people's work if you realize how much work it really was for them. For example, if you have a dremel and you have a big full tower case that you want to cut a HUGE square window in, do you think it's easy? For those of you that said yes, you're partially right! It's easy to do, but extremely time consuming, slow, and just flat out boring.

Congrats on your first mod man! Everyone starts somewhere.

PS: I don't like sanding down edges either. :D I fear it soooooooooo bad. It's time consuming, but the result in the end is worth it. Sit down with your case infront of the tv one of these nights and sand away at it! Hopefully your girlfriend won't walk behind you and see you watching The Man Show while doing rapid hand movements on your lower regions! :eek:

Hahaha, yeah ... I'm doing talking now :eek:

hello again, i appreciate all the criticizing...some more strongly worded then others :D , and also the praise on my first time mod. i've learned a lot of leasons since this mod...first and foremost being you can't cut circles in metal with tin snips, lineman's pliers, and a razor blade :D . i've told many of my friend's the comment mcryptic posted and they all get a kick out of it hehe. after taking this machine to it's first real LAN party, i've found i drastically need to do something different. i need to get everything INSIDE (which was my original plan) and also need to make the finished product look more finished...not 'half assed' (though i spent a good couple of days on this ammo box...). i've also come to respect members more here who mod anything, no matter how small...it is no small task, especially if you have no background or experience building things. with all this being said, i've come to conclusion that the ammo box won't work for what i want. i'm going to tear down the computer and buy an aluminum briefcase and put it in there. that way i can easily fit the psu and all other peripherals inside, without having a bunch of crap hanging out. i'll keep you all posted on my progress.

AMD[H]unter - the motherboard (shuttle mn31n) supports dual onboard monitors...hence the dual onboard monitor plugs.

That is horrid, even for a first time mod. If you are actually serious about doing some mods in the future, you must purchase / borrow / steal, the right tools, most importantly a dremel kit. Also most mods look best when all the components fit inside whatever you are trying to accomplish, the power supply on the outside looks very bad. What you could have done maybe is build a seperate box that you could put the power supply in and then sit your ammo box on top of said custom box. (Make it the same width and length as the ammo box) Or maybe you could have at least painted the power supply the same color.

The neon green fans don't really fit the whole ammo box theme IMO. Maybe pick up some paints and do all ur extra stuff out camo style.

So either way good job for trying out some mods, but spend a few hours extra to make it look good in the future!

Back