First Built From Scratch Mod

GrimR

Limp Gawd
Well, here it is. I just finished this last weekend and wanted to get some feedback. I have built plenty of PC's before this, just not something from scratch.
This PC was actually built into my desk. It's running a P4 2.8C (@3.5Ghz), ABIT IC7 MAX3, 1Gig of Kingston HyperX PC3200, Sapphire Radeon 9800Pro 256, 2 80Gig Seagate SATA HDD, CDRW, DVD and onboard sound.
Current lighting is 3 12" UV CCFLs, 2UV LED 80mm fans and about 10 feet of EL Wire.

Koolance Exos cooling the CPU, Northbridge and GPU (in that order).

Please let me know what you think. I'm about ready to start another project. This time it's for my daughter's PC.

Pic1.jpg

Lights off:
Pic2.jpg

Looks realy nice. I like the idea of turning the machine like that to see the components.

I have a ton from the build process but here are two more. The first is what the area looked like prior to the installation. The second is with the panel off and before I cleaned up the wiring.

The power and reset switches, HDD LED and power LED are for a Coolmax Acrylic case. There are currently 3 switches. One controls the lights, one for the fans and I added one more for future expansion.

I still want to stealth the drives as I have plenty of left over acrylic.

I also want to swap out the blue hose for some more clear. I just ran out while I was building.

Before.jpg

Rats_Nest_Medium.jpg

Thanks for all of the replies.:) :)

Is it just me or do all of you modders feel like a job is never finished? That there is always one more thing you want to do.

Originally posted by GrimR
...Is it just me or do all of you modders feel like a job is never finished? That there is always one more thing you want to do.
i think most people on this forum feel the same way, i know i do.

nice... that gives me some ideas.... (insert evil person doing that hand thing here)

Well, after some suggestions I will be removing the GPU from the water loop. I have a feeling this is what is holding back my OC'ing attempts. Gonna put it back on air and add a quiet 80mm intake fan to the back of the case to blow over the video card's ramsinks.

Also, work on my daughter's pc will begin shortly. It'll be a little girly looking (well, she is a little girl afterall :) ). I'll post some pics soon.

Thanks again for all the replys!!

Back